Saturday, August 24, 2024

Exhausted

 So yesterday was National Space Day and after lunch break I went to Carnatic Cafe and had the 'Patravali Thali' as the waiters and cooks call it, noted as 'Oota' in the menu, which just means 'food' in Kannada. Then I headed to Pragati Maidan, which has at least ten gates, and 14 halls. Now the whole place had banners from previous events that had not been removed, and it was very confusing to navigate, and to just find the right gate which are about 500 metres apart. 

Finally, I ended up at Bharat Mandapam where the exhibition was, although the Brochure said Hall 14, which BTW is also marked as Bharat Mandapam on Google Maps. Then I met two really nice guards, who asked me for a pass. I told them I only need to go to the exhibition, and asked them if the model of the Bharatiya Antariksh Station was there, and they said yes, and let me through!

So after sneaking in, I made my way to the exhibition. There was the BAS, the Chandrayaan 4 stack and the Soorya NGLV. Agnikul Cosmos had brought a 1:2 model of its Agnilet 3D printed engine, which had also been tested and validated. Bellatrix Aerospace had gotten its green unipropellant propulsion system and a hall effect thruster. Pixxel had gotten a model of one of the satellites in its Firefly constellation. Skyroot had showed up with just a poster!

There were also a bunch of great rovers from kids. I came home exhausted, filed some stories, but didn't realise then how tired and dehydrated I was. Now I am feeling feverish, and my back, waist, calves, ankles and feet are all paining a lot. I must not have walked so much since before the pandemic. 

No comments: