Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Things worked out

 I am sorted now. I am working in Bengaluru at a PR firm, with my mandates being two top tech clients. I tried out at a few news places but they were not willing to pay a salary that is aligned with my expertise and experience. The cost of text has plummeted, so it was the right time for me to exit the industry. I can continue covering what I am passionate about at community fora, so not too worried about that. X is an excellent platform, and so is Wordpress when it comes to engagement and self-expression. 

There is a lot to write, and a lot happened, and I will be posting everything over time. I first send ahead all my packages from Delhi to Bengaluru, then hopped on a train. I also joined my new job at the Delhi office for two months, which was a lot of fun because it was at GK2 M-block market, just 15 minutes from my home, door to door. There was a nice juice seller there that I will miss. I was able to eat at Carnatic Cafe in the mornings, and at Tanjore Veg Dosa Cafe in the evenings. Towards the end of two weeks I started getting a frequent customer discount. I did not know that there was a GK M-block market apart from the GK2 and GK1 M-block markets. The rickshaw drivers are also confused, and refer to both the GK and GK1 M-block markets as the GK1 M-block market. 

Here in Bengaluru, my office is in Indiranagar. My house is in Srirampuram, and there is a Metro that I need to switch. The walk from the Metro station to office is about two kilometers, so I need to find a better way to make this hop. There is a Cafe Amudham next to my office where the dishes cost half as much as Delhi. Delhi is a cheap city in every way, but not when it comes to South Indian food. Miss the glasses of complementary rasam served at Delhi, which you do not get in Bengaluru. 

No comments: