Monday, March 21, 2022

Flew in to Delhi and its hot!

I just flew in yesterday night. Had to spend a good hour at the airport and was very sleepy. They make it so difficult to find out which gate you need to get to, and this time mine was at the very edge of the airport, gate 40B. There was a last minute change to gate 41A, which was right next to it. I had a Bacardi White which was listed as "Bacardi Premium Rum". While waiting, I got some nice shots of the landing planes. 






Then after boarding, the family that sat next to me had forgotten to do a web check-in, and so the father was seated one row ahead of the mother and the kid. The kid was crying about the family having to split up in two rows, but the mother was good at handling the kid. The airhostess asked me if I would switch seats, but I said no because I wanted the window seat. 

I really wanted the window seat, and the crying kid did not bother me at all. It eventually calmed down, good for it. The family did not ask me to switch seats directly, but did as a girl who was sitting just ahead of me. Found that strange. I was almost tempted to give the seat if the dad would take photos from the Samsung S22 Ultra, but that was a complex contract to negotiate, so I chose to stick to my seat! 

Didn't get great shots anyway, except for a sea of rolling clouds. 



Got an Uber back from the airport. I did not do the whole thing of agreeing to pay him by cash and meeting him outside. Now I am comfortable with the entire process of check-in, security check and booking the Uber at both the airports, as well as the places where the food is good (the food is always bad everywhere, better to eat on the plane itself). Was dead tired by the end of the night, and could not put in a few hours into Assasin's Creed: Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarök. 

Well, okay. I probably should have switched the seats. Boo hoo. 

Today was exceptionally hot! I learned about the stack effect, where the higher storeys of houses are hotter because of warm air rising from the bottom. The stack effect is not because homes being piled on top of each other, but closer to how air moves around in a chimney or smokestack, which is derived from a root that is closer to pole, rod or the English stake. Also, my house is south facing, presumably the vastu shastra from ages bygone where the north facing walls and fences were higher to keep the invaders at bay. It was not a successful approach considering the tombs of the invaders that are scattered across this city, often reusing broken down Hindu and Jain temples. Point is south facing homes are hotter for some reason, and I am both on the top floor and in a south facing house. 

I had to abandon clothes, and will require a new wardrobe made up of ganjis and shorts if this continues. It was so cold just a few weeks ago! Delhi really does have extreme temperatures. Even in the hottest summers, while trekking up the harshest treks, I never perspired in Maharashtra! I fancied myself to be something of a Targaryen, unaffected by heat, but Delhi is hell. 

I can see all the fat people around me struggling in the heat, sweating like crazy, even though the humidity is not that high. Poor fat people. Ha ha. 

Hahahahahaha. Nearly naked man laughing here. I need to get hydrated. 

No comments: