Friday, September 30, 2022

Dream Diary stolen tricycle edition

So I pick up someone's abandoned tricycle, and refurbish it. Then I roam around the city in my brand new tricycle, having a great time. I end up at Thane railway station, and side it in next to another tricycle. One guy, whose name could be Bittu, sees me park the tricycle, and realises that I am going to be gone for the day. He is the owner of the tapri right next to the metal fence that have several bikes and handcarts chained to them, and one woebegone tricycle (not mine, which is shiny). Bittu asks me if he can let his little sister use it during the day, and I am like "yeah yeah yeah, take it." 

I think go into Satya mama's shop, which is a cane basked where he sells keys, chains and locks, just outside the entrance to Thane Railway Station (Platform Number 1). His USP is that he makes the chains on demand, to the required length. He is strong enough to cut and bend the metal with his hands. I try to look at the tricycle, but it is just out of sight. I hurriedly by a lock, the key for it, and a very short chain with only six links. 

Arun mama, who hangs out with Satya mama all day and chats, accompanies me back to the tricycle to make sure that the chain is long enough. I get suspicious at this point and ask him if he plans to steal whatever I am securing, and if he has a copy of my key. He laughs and says, "No no, nothing like that."

I go back to the place, and see that the tricycle is missing! I ask Bittu about it, who says Shakti must have taken it. I get angry that he gave it to this Shakti fellow instead of his sister, and also I am getting angry that it is getting late. I do not want to leave the chain, the key and the lock with Bittu, so I go around hunting for Shakti. 

At this point, Arun mama goes away, and two guys Vicky and Pintu come up to me. Pintu is looking for Shakti too, and Vicky is hesitant to take all the stuff, but says he is the right person who can since "I know Shakti well, and I know MJ too". Suddenly, we see Shakti racing past us in the bike. Vicky points and says "There is the devil!"

Pintu and me run after Shakti. He turns a corner, and goes deep within a general store, which has a lot of materials for carpentry out in the front. Pintu runs into the store, while I wait at the entrance. Eventually, I see Shakti emerging without the tricycle. I tell him, okay you can have the tricycle, but please take this lock, key and chain as well, and leave the key with Bittu when you are done. He smiles slyly, looks at me and asks me "Why? So that I can keep stealing more things from you?"  

At this point I can feel his arm snaking out of my pocket, and I grab his wrist with my wallet in it. He is stealing from me, which infuriates me even further. He tries to run away, but I somehow retrieve my wallet, pin him to the ground, and start smashing his head with a rock, drawing blood. 

That is when I wake up. I guess I am really scared of my wallet being stolen. I also realise I do not know these guys, but they could be construction workers who are extending my terrace, and rebuilding a building next door. Basically, in my area, three or four buildings are always being rebuilt, then someone demolishes one and starts over. 

No comments: