Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Caps Lock Poltergeist

A Poltergeist is described as a "distrubing spirit" on Wiktionary, but Wikipedia has a better definition, one that I know of, "an invisible spirit or ghost that manifests itself by moving and influencing objects, generally in a particular location such as a house or room or place within a house." 

I've discovered a strange kind of Poltergeist that seems to haunt my computers no matter where I go. This is the Caps Lock Poltergeist, and causes me to UNEXPECTEDLY UNLEASH THE FUCKING FURY from time to time. Every time this happened, I had to use the backspace key... which was irritating, mostly because I had typed well into the line before I realised what was happening. Spoke about this to a friend of mine, asking him if a similiar spirit haunted him as well. He denied it outright, thought about it for a second, and told me that he was haunted by the Insert Poltergeist. Yeah, I've had a few of those kind of attacks, but not too many instances to bother me. This is damaging, especially if you are not looking at the screen. Chances are that you overwrite what you have already written... god damn tech age spirits.

Then I set the tiny little ghostbuster part of my brain (tiny because I don't believe in ghosts), and got a wonderful way to get rid of the Caps Lock Poltergeist. If this spirit is haunting you as well, the solution below is really the best way out. Try this:


If you are good with the keyboard, chances are that your little finger on the left hand will feel slightly nervous for some time. It passes with time, in my case, by the end of a single post.  

No comments: