Saturday, June 10, 2023

Fruits

I am a eat to live kind of guy. I just hate eating, and don't like to waste time on it. It took forever for my parents to wean me off spoon feeding. I am a slow eater, and just hate eating. In fact, I used to just flush down half my food down the drain. The watchman cleaning the drain, Tulsi mama once saw new idlis getting flushed and complained to my Mom, and directly scolded me for wasting food. I used to just let other kids eat my tiffin in school, and the mini idlis were especially popular. 

My mom always keeps a variety of fruits in the house, and insisted that I consume them as snacks. I never did, maybe a banana or a grape here and there, but never the apples, pears and chikus. Now, when Im living alone, especially in the Delhi summers, fruits have become something that I just love to eat. They are so nutritious, so healthy, so tasty. 

I keep ordering from this place called Falhari. They showed up on Shark Tank, and people thought that they were just an online version of the corner fruit cutter. They are so much more than that. They have variable pricing depending on market rates. The bad, ugly older fruit become juice. The fresh fruits are diced up and served to customers. You can choose which fruits you want, and there is granular control over the quantity. I love the chia fresca, coconut water, watermenlon juice, and the smoothies. There is banana, chocolate, mint, spinach, cucumber, grapes, and you can order any combination. NGL, it is pretty epic. Many times my breakfast is just coconut chunks. Order more than a grand worth of stuff, and they throw in a watermelon box. I ordered five different types of mangoes. It is just awesome. 

I ordered three litres of juice today. One litre of coconut water, a litre of watermenlon, a banana and spinach smoothie 500 ml, and shikanki 500 ml. I went to the local tapri and got two big bags of ice to cool the juices. After drinking most of the coconut water, I felt so thankful and fulfilled, that I did something I had not done in a long time. I prayed for the first time after a long time. I prayed to all the gods. Shiva, Vishnu, Laxmi, Brahma, Jesus, Allah, Buddha. I prayed to Krishna even though I knew he is not a god. I prayed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster knowing that it is a fake god created by atheists to prove a point. I prayed to some demiurge in case something like one created the universe, although I highly doubt it. I prayed to the universe itself. 

:) feelsgoodman.jpg



No comments: