Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ganeshotsav

Ok: [Weird question of the week: Do animals have a generation gap?]

Ganesh utsav



Isn't this funny?

Anyway, the festival came and went while I slogged through two of my various unfinished projects. Now for almost fourteen years of my life, I have been spending the seven days of the festival at the local pendal, watching, year after year, the same bunch of kids dancing to different tunes. I remember the long hours of practie leading up to the final moment, and the exhileration of being on stage.
I never danced though. I once magically peed on stage when I volenteered for this magician, and he put a funnel below my pants and made it appear as if I was peeing in it.
Still remember people teasing me about it. Basically, there was this entire community that gathered only to comment on the low quality of the programs. Dances were bad, and the songs were boring. Don't know why anyone took the trouble at all.

The last two years, I have not been going, and am not exactly missing it, although there used to be a time when I used to defy my parents and stay out late nights. I also remember going top pick up the idol once, and staying in the truck with the idol in it while people rushed towards it and started praying...

The picture at the beggening of this post was taken during the time the idol was loaded onto the truck.


I donno losing interest in the festivals... haven't celebrated diwali or Ganesh utsav for more than three years. Holi this year after a gpa of two years. I have no clue if this anti - festival thing is a natural phase while growing up or if its just me being weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you blog: UNH warns new students about the risks of online journals
As classes got under way, University of New Hampshire officials want students to know that what ... In May, the UNH Student Senate unanimously passed a resolutions condemning Main Street Magazine for printing Williams' name in an inappropriate context and recommended all student publication adopt the Society of Professional Journalist Code of ...
Very nice blog! I've added it to my bookmarks!

I have a pennsylvania mesothelioma lawyer site. It pretty much covers pennsylvania mesothelioma lawyer related stuff.
Come by anytime and check it out. :-)