Monday, February 06, 2006

Gig on the nineteenth

Back in the band. Actually was never really out of it, but maybe not being able to play the instrument was sufficient reason to keep me offstage (actually, it wasn't, there were definately half-formed plans of being the very necessary air guitarist). I have never held a base guitar in my life, and seen it within a four foot proximity only once (two days ago, for that matter), and I am going to play that instrument in front of a huge crowd in another 13 days.
Jammed today with the rest of the one night band. Comprises of Chirag, Shiva, Vivi and me. The only song I managed to play at all on the acoustic guitar was Yellow... and it was the first time I really played the instrument, so I was doing only three notes. Pity I didn't record my first jam. Half played clocks, listened to Keane, Coldplay, Bodhi Tree, and watched Beavis and Butthead. So much for my first Jam.

Really huge day today, set out early in the morning to sit for the lectures, instead did lukhagiri, had chai with a friend, wen't to worli sea face with loads of other friends, went to another friend - ok, to the point, hung out with various friends throughout the day and did nothing productive.

Tried to blog again yesterday night, but I couldn't. My comp kept restarting, after giving a few error messages. Tried all of yesterday night and today to fix it, but just could not manage it. Since the comp kept restarting, my mother assumed that the kamasutra virus had affected the computer. I explained to her that (a) Kamasutra was a worm and not a virus (b) That there are a hundred thousand other reasons why windows shuts down and (c) more often than not, windows acts up for no reason whatsoever.

Like politicians, condoms and allegories, windows is something all of us use and depend upon heavily despite deeply despising and more often than not, getting irritated by it.

No comments: