Saturday, March 04, 2006

First gig




That's the show, Metakix was the guest band, and this fact is apparently so huge that the picture for the official poster is saved as "metakixfinalsmall11zp.jpj". I wish our band gets there sometime. However, our band did show up in the competition:




This was the second gig for One Night Band, and the first with me in it. The gig was at RAIT, Nerul. We are apparently supposed to be a nu-metal band, but that may be because its only supposedly apparent that we are a brit-rock band. A Brit Rock band that plays Perl Jam, but I guess Perl Jam performed in Britain at SOME point of time. If they didn't, they were probably losers who deserve to have their nationalities confused anyway, but they weren't. Losers I mean, not Brits.

But screw that, about our band,


That's the lead singer vocalist, guitarist and freak, Chirag.





That's Shiva, the Rhythm guitarist and Keyboards guy. Also probably a vocalist, but he sang one song... so I donno where exactly he stands. Also a freak.




And that's our drummer, Vivi. Hidden behind all the drums.




That's me. The bassist. Wishing I were hidden behind the amp or the plant or something.




Nice to go up and play... we played two coldplay songs "fix you" and "yellow", "last kiss" by Perl Jam and an original. Haven't heard "fix you" and "Last Kiss" yet, bought the bass ten days ago, and screwed up big time, but no one noticed. Good for me... and the band. We recieved decent reviews, although we were tighter at home. Click here for the fora. here are two reviews anyway. Remember, this is a review for the ENTIRE gig, not just our band.



"All i remember was the first few bad were bad although the one night band were pretty good to listen to and was fun to f**k around with the "one DAY band""

-motorguitarist




"yeah me too had fun with the ONE DAY BAND emoticon thingy!"

-hexar




We didn't win, but we are definately in the scene now. Oh yeah - personal reviews for me include "damn good!", "that was cool" and probably my favorite "you are like John Lennon" - although to be fair, that was more for my looks than my abilities. Ah well.


The funniest part is that I am currently listening to and thoroughly enjoying Enya.



Who can say where the road goes

Where the days grow

Only Time....


7 comments:

Unknown said...

well, cool. glad to know ur deep into music. keep that going. cheers adidas!
- chintz :)

ruhey said...

MJ...I wish I was there to witness this...really...shud hav tol' me it was on 3rd and not 4th...neway...
next time....
cheers,
Ruhie.

Anonymous said...

i was there n u blokes were better off but u couldnt hav screwed up "last kiss" anymore. i mean u n d vocalist, others were tolerable.

Mihir said...

so a decent(or may be good) start for u MJ... have one wish though or may be two... one is to here u guys play YELLOW, hmmm... rather wish to watch u perform live...

Bong's Blog said...

hey heard u guys in phone ummmmmmmmmmm u guys were good wish u luck

diksha said...

hey mj....
cool yaar...

i told ya... u r the coolest.. n u look so cute... cant really comment on ur perfomance coz i didnt witness it... but good for you...

Nikxdave said...

when the hell did you turn into bassist man