Friday, September 30, 2022

DD unexplained extra rooms edition

 These were two dreams in rapid succession. 

One was that the landlord was constructing an additional room between my living room and the balcony, and renting out that room to someone. I go to the bedroom, and suddenly there is a screen in the back, which leads out to another man's apartment. There is an old man there, who lives with his wife. It leads to a series of rooms and a big house. The man says his son is coming home, and will be living in the new room that has been cleared. I leave from the door, and then I cannot find my way back. I get lost in a maze of corridors between houses, and end up going into the wrong house. One of the doors I go through is a community hall. 

I walk through the corridors, and run into some hard kids. A girl brings three guys who are staring. Then are clearly up to some shady business. After hearing me explain, the lead me back to my house. Then one of them tells me look we are all busy, we cannot keep helping you like this. 

I was woken up to the construction sounds of people hammering outside my door. 

Then immediately, had the almost exact same dream again. There is a screen in my apartment, I take it apart and it leads to another apartment. An old man, his young wife, and their small kid live there. He has rooms and rooms filled with Persian carpets, a lot of libraries, and a bunch of arcane old tomes all around the house. I ask him if he likes books, and he says yes. He then asks me what I do, I say "I am a Delhi..." then stutter, then say "I am a Journalist".

He leads me out of his own door, takes me to the bottom floor, and explains the architecture of the building to me, and the different wings. He then points to where my wing is, we go inside, he then jumps in through a gap in the grill. His wife and kid are walking more slowly. He has clearly escaped, because he too cannot find the way to my apartment. I go to the gap in the grill, when another woman, with her own baby lifts some wires, sliding apart a partition, allowing me and the other guys wife to get out of the building. There are a series of buildings and some parks, and she points vaguely towards where my building is. Me and the other woman thank each other. I am surprised by how good her english is, as she says "Thank you very much", and nods. At this point I am aware in the dream that I something I dreamed of is actually happening. 

I then woke up to some loud clanging outside my door. 

No comments: