Thursday, September 08, 2022

There is a velociraptor in Braavos

Metadiscussion is fun. 

I am back in Westeros. Back on Reddit. Engaging. IDK why. 

I am eating far, far less though. Resorted to ordering one thali a day, that I eat through most of the day. It works out cheaper than two orders. 

Making art on Nightcafe. It is fun. Feeling happy and tired. 



Watching Chicago Med on Netflix. Flummoxed rest of the series are not available. 

I went to a party last saturday, it was pretty epic. My first real party since 2019 I think. There were a lot of people. There was also an afterparty. I had fun, but maybe left behind a cigarette box that was used as an ashtray somewhere. Met a couple of cute cats. Whiskey was the more scared one, Tango was the brave one. 

I met another cat. I live very comfortably. Bit like Radagast. A lizard just caught some strange bug and ran right in front of me. Im not bothered by ants or spiders or lizards anymore. Have somehow come to accept them as part of the urban environment. The cats just walk in and out of the house whenever they please. They know not to poop in the garbage, and surprisingly enough, not to topple anything. My Jenga and stacks of Amazon boxes are all left untouched.

Sometimes I wonder what the cats are doing. 

There is a new one now, a young black one that is less shy but also more scared at the same time. Of the two regular ones, one never comes inside the house, and the other does so only at times. It ran headfirst into a wall while trying to dodge me while I was coming up the stairs. 

Delhi is starting to feel like home. It is a very woke, literate and knowledgeable city, people are always having serious conversations, even when they are joking and playing the Devil's Advocate or pretending to be Chomsky... leads to frequent Poe's Law situations. 

People here are much more genuinely involved in things, I enjoyed talking about regional languages, House of the Dragon, Tolkien Legendarium... you do not have to be scared of using the right words anymore. Mumbai keeps you back, kind of, encourages you to be more dumb. But that is also a pleasant zone. 

I can tell now when people are sad in games. I talk to people with violence in their avatars, or who are trolling, or those who indulge in verbal abuse. I just ask them if they are okay. They become happy. I become happy. 

BTW, in Delhi, verbal abuse is a spectator sport.

No comments: