Monday, April 10, 2006

Results later today





Results later today. Might not be in a state to blog tomorrow. Really nervous. Cannot sleep. A dysfunctional diet, sleep pattern, neural pathways and government is actually to blame for THAT, but what the hell... Lets just blame it on the results. Not that I am REALLY worried... This just happens. My stomach is in a bad state right now. Here is a neat labeled diagram of my stomach.







Its either the butterflies or the gas. I'll pretend its the butterflies. That way, I'll get to imagine you in your underwear.



Let me take a moment to laugh on that.



Still laughing.



Still laughing.



Now the joke is old. Anyway, just to get my mind off things, something about share rickshaws.



1) The regulars bribe the traffic policemen, and they know the rickshaw drivers by face and let them pass. The others get caught, and therefore don't normally risk share rickshaws.



2) Unless its post nine o clock, when the policemen return home to salvage their messed up love lives, or head over to marine drive to rejuvenate it.



3) The slimmest fellow ALWAYS sits in the front.



4) The slimmest fellow (sitting in the front) will have to hear out the rickshaw driver if he is in a mood to (i) cacaphonically whistle (ii) swear at random people in cars (iii) bitch about the said policemen.



5) Kids are not considered people... They are merely baggage. This resulted in seven people getting into a rick today. Me, the driver, two ladies with vegetable filled bags, and one man with two small kids.



6) Said kids standing in the back will drool on your hand and tickle you when the only thing keeping you in the rickshaw is your hand around the driver holding on to 4 centimeters of metal piping half an inch in diameter. (YES, I will mix the metric and the imperial systems, not my friggin fault, I am not responsible for so many units of measurement.)



7) If the rickshaw driver spits, some spittle is bound to spray all over your feet.



8) Reading your SMS is the birthright of everyone in the rickshaw



9) The bus comes to the stop the second you sit in the rickshaw. Conversely, if you do not take the rickshaw, the bus will never come.



10) You are jealous of the fact that the rickshaw driver gets a better deal than you do.







On something that is the exact opposite of a lighter note, here is something interesting.



A few days ago, a guy I recognized walked into the train. He climbed in and hung out of the opposite door. I looked at him, and then without saying anything looked back out. A few minutes later, I see him headed towards me. I truthfully told him I contemplated saying hi... He didn't believe me.



We talked for hardly five minutes. Obviously, the movies we watched were a part of the conversation, and in the mood of the moment I asked him to invite me the next time he went out anywhere.



When his SMS arrived yesterday, I didn't even recognize his number. He and a small circle of college friends I am not in touch with anymore, were going out for a movie.



I arrived on time, they didn't. One guy didn't believe I was coming. The other didn't even know. The guy I met in the train was feeling proud for bringing me. And remarked "aur logo ko bulana chahiye tha" (we should have called more people). One guy apparently couldn't make it because he was sick. I had seen him and had not said hi at the station.



The second we saw each other after such a long time, spontaneously, all of us started laughing. I suspect the validity of the statement that being happy does not make you laugh, laughing makes you happy. Maybe both are true, I donno.



We saw the movie, cracked jokes that I had thought had died long ago, still remarked about each other just like the old days (God I have old days now?), headed over to another mall, bitched about everything being too costly, and finally split ways with a promise to meet up again for future movies.



I have, with almost no effort, re-entered a circle of friends that I never thought I'd be in touch with. Somehow I am feeling dead happy about this. For the class in my course, there are many people I am only slightly more than cordial with for the simple reason that I know that we are not going to be in touch after the course is over. Seen this happening in School year after year, and remember how painful it is for the first few days, and then it passes. I thought this was a natural thing to happen. Was confirmed at all the classes and tutions I took up in persuit of academics. Same thing kept happening... A group of people interact for a relatively short span of time and then become total strangers. Realized that it does not have to be that way today.







That, however, is still for the exams. And your undies. More for the undies actually.

1 comment:

PerfumesReviewer said...

u had me in splits with the rickshaw thingy.... how come everything u say is all so relevant..?