Monday, July 11, 2022

Dream Diary school time edition

So bunch of friends have a party in traditional dress, and I feel bad for not wearing traditional clothes. This is because it is Eid. There is one guy wearing green that I complement on. He is happy and says "I know" before I can finish the compliment. Then I go to sleep, wake up, and head to school.


I head to school on my motorbike, which is really weird as the school is at walking distance, and never even took my bicycle there. In fact, it was a big deal and we were wondering what was happening when schoolbuses came around around 7th standard. Most of the kids in the school before that were from the same colony, and we all knew each other not just in school, but afterwards as well, as everyone stayed nearby only. 

Anyway, I take the motorbike to the school and I am one of the earliest people there, so I have all the parking space I need. I imagine a row of bokes outside the school, which is how college was, but the whole space is actually a no parking zone. I park it closer to the school wall, between two flower pots, but then realise that I will not be able to take it out easily when more people use up the parking space later. So I move it back a bit. There are some guys hanging out in the car-o-bar, who see me struggling with the parking. 

I fold up a cover for the bike and put it in the saddle bag. I also cover up the bike. I apparently have to covers. 

Anyway, I then head into the school, which has some sort of exhibition going on. One guy next to me buys a ticket and goes in. I am like I don't need a ticket, this is my school. So I just walk in, where this volunteer shepherds me into a room. It is full of kids who are being interviewed one by one. It's seems like a counselling session for those affected by the pandemic. 

One guy is particularly funny. He says he wanted to beat up his friend before the pandemic, but the punch landed five years later. Everyone laughs at that, but he notices me laughing and comes up to me, raps something, and asks if I want to be beat up with a five year punch too. I laugh and shake his hand, but at the same time, some guy standing in the corner shakes my hand instead of the funny guy. Everyone laughs at that again, and that is when I woke up. 

Also, was able to calculate the amount of sleep debt and number of sleep cycles mentally. Could do it so normally, and was happy that I no longer need a sleep tracker. The bad news is I only had one complete cycle. I also realised it is a bad idea to go back to sleep, as I would very likely oversleep and not wake up in time to reach work in time. 

No comments: