Saturday, July 16, 2022

Finished watching Kamala Khan

First of all, the ending hit me but it was a lie. The dad says Kamala means miracle, but that is Kamaala not Kamala, which means lotus. I was like why didn't I get that before, this is my language, should have understood, but then realised I did not need to second guess myself, because it was a lie. 

What I really liked was the way chat messages were shown, blending in with the backgrounds. This approach is much more superior to any other type of text messages shown on screen, particularly in comparison to Sherlock that I found sooo irritating that I stopped watching the series! 

There was a little bit of a romance sequence in the second episode that I really did not relate to at all, and almost stopped watching, but the rest of the episode was good. 

IDK why they had to focus so much on the partition. I really didn't like the Noor dimension exposition. I really liked the animated graffiti sequences. One of the pictures of Kamala looks too much like L from Death Note

It was an okay series, not as much fun and exciting as the other ones, few links to the MCU, would have been great if one of the other superheroes was in the series, particularly towards the final episodes. Cannot wait to see how Kamala integrates with the wider MCU though. I really liked the level of integration in all the other series, Wandavision, Captain America and the Winter Soldier, and Loki. Compared to those shows, this just did not have the scale or wasn't soo exciting. 

Have caught up with the MCU, only thing left is... Cloak and Dagger, which I started and stopped for the second time... it's just the most boring MCU series so far, and I'm including Inhumans, and Moon Knight, which I haven't started yet. Looking forward to She Hulk, which I am sure will be a blast. Really miss Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D though, think that one was the best. 

For no good reason, I'm going to rank all the series:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

What if...?

Agent Carter

Loki

Captain America and the Winter Soldier

Luke Cage

Daredevil

Hawkeye

Wandavision

Jessica Jones

Iron Fist

The Punishers

Inhumans

The Defenders

Ms Marvel

Eh... so basically Ms Marvel is the worst series lol. Oh well. 



No comments: