Sunday, January 15, 2006

1k

Am here. Been mentally preparing for this post for a long time, but as always, will not write what I had planned to write. Thousand posts on this blog -
312483 words later... and I just wanted to ask what I have really achieved...

I basically thought I would post the above sentance, then discontinue this blog. For impact, for effect, for I don't know what. Then I realised I wouldn't achieve anything by stopping either...

If anyone asks me my biggest achievements, I will surely speak of my first thousand frags in quake three. (Quake is a game, and a frag is a kill, a head you know). Not a very impressive achievement I know, but I stuck to the game, and camped my way through all the frags. I started this game with nine hundred and sixty something frags, and suddenly, instead of showing 1000 frags, it shows 1k instead.

I will always remember the expression of awe on a frien'd face, looking at this achievement - that I crossed the game without cheats, and beat the shit out of the toughest quake bot in history - Xaero.

Not as much as an achievement was to get my first 1000 points in snake... terribly time consuming. But I did it. (No cheats exist, but theres a bug in the old 1100 nokia phones that lets you score as many points as you want).

Nyah, no achievemnt... nothing REALLY big. Everything is relative. What matters is not this post, but every single one of the posts that got me till this point. The 1000th post is not an achievement, but the 1000 posts are. I am the sort who starts something then stops midway. This blog has become something inherent to my charachter now. I can stop and not feel a thing, but I will change at a very basic level. I live my life in a way so that I have something interesting and hopefully impressive to blog about in the evening. Have noticed that I have more to write about the more I write... the quality of posts have slowly been improving.

Ah well, I guess since it is the journey that matters, I will carry on.

No comments: