Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stealing the Mona Lisa

The Mona Lisa is perhaps the famousest (they said existing words were inadequate to describe it, so I invented one) piece of painted wood in history.

Everyone is even more curious to have a first hand look at the Mona After the Da Vinci Code. Almost everyone on this planet has a theory about her "Enigmatic Smile", Dan Brown says this is because she knows the secret history of the Grail. Other's say that the smile is her reply to her Husband, the wealthy Florentine, Fransesco de Giocondo's question "What did you do with my credit card?"

Stupid smile began all the fuss, when the Mona Lisa became famous (this was before she become the famousest), because those weird art interpreters started a trend of appreciating "feminine mystique". Wonder what that means... have no clue, and am prepared to bet one dirty brown blouse that Leonardo Da Vinci had no clue either.

Anyway, so the painting got famouser (also before the famousest status), and what followed was but natural - it got stolen. Stolen by a suspected accomplice of none other than - get this - another not so rich Italian dude - Pablo Picasso. Thoda jhol hua, the painting was found under someone's bed, God knows what it had to endure (someone also later threw acid on it, but I am NOT implying anything)...

And now it resides behind adequate protection in the Louvre in Paris, as Dan Brown points out in his book.

OR DOES IT?

I stumbled across Da Vinci's masterpiece in the storeroom of a friend's office.



Couldn't control myself. I had to do something about it. The famousest painting was right in front of me. I expirienced what Pablo and his pals must have expirienced... the primal urge to pluck it off the wall and run.



Yes, I degraded to a thief...

And then, I tried to replicate the smile... with a little failure I suppose.



I think Lady Giaconda had probably stolen something... the dirty brown blouse, some peanuts, heck, even the holy grail... does not matter.

Apart from being the famousest painting in history, it is also the most replicated one. should have known that before I turned to felony. In the famous words of the famouser Homer Simpson "Doh!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SEXY thing... hillaroius, stole the jim carreyish expressionz eh? bloddie adidas!