Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tea

It would be weird to write a post about something basic as tea.

My dear sweet mother did not want me to get addicted to anything - so she kept me away from tea or cofee for a long time. The first time I had tea was at a friend's place when I didn't recognize it as tea, and strictly speaking, it was only iced tea, so I don't think it counts.
The first time I really had tea was at an Udipi restaurant - as a treat from the owner. He just gave it to me assuming I had always drank it, and I sort of drank it because I couldn't refuse him or he would think it was an insult to him. I was concenterating on a prject at that time, so I didn't really get the flavor.
The second time I really drank tea was today, it was also a treat. Damn was it good. Damn did it singe my tongue.
then I took a second glass - and for the record, today is the first day I have actually purchased a glass of tea. Sorts of wakes you up and vitalizes you. Am sure my Mom won't mind me getting addicted to tea now - AND at two bucks a glass, its damn cheap.

Still have to try cofee though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five Star Indian Recipes...A collection of more than 1000 chosen Indian recipes.
curry
Great site for Indian food lovers.

Anonymous said...

thank you please.
yes tea.
yes coffee.
bye bye liquor!

Anonymous said...

puff puff i did
and i lost my breath.
puff puff i did
and cudn't abandon death.
puff puff i did
and life was a doubt.
puf puff i did
and my lungs popped out!



......... i learnt to quit smoke after i was gone!!