Sunday, April 26, 2020

D&D Journal - Adventures at Terra Vol 7

27/10/85/01 Tazius
We bury the one live bandit till the neck, and bury the others. We have the food, play with the dog, and then I start working on the Mancala. This night, I manage to finish making it. Then I try to wake up Galadriel by using the whistle, but it barely makes a peep. She continues to sleep, so I put Bubbles near her, which wakes her up. Bubbles is startled but I calm her down.
Then Galadriel keeps watch. The night passes without event.

28/10/85/01 Tazius
Bjorn wakes up, the Donger, and finally me and the pup. We interrogate the Bandit, who starts crying eventually. We find out that his name is Eric, and he serves someone called Jack. The camp is from a splinter cell led by Mark. We convince Eric to take us to Mark's camp. We make good progress that day. Gondor tells us his story.
He told us he was a soldier, who was disillusioned by the periodic and unnecessary wars. That is where I found Dave. Did you ever think how animals can find us when we are in need? We are a bit secretive so people might think we are secretive. The secret is David has a hidden branch somewhere in the village. Whenever a new person joins the village, they are brushed with the branch, and suddenly all the animals become your friend. This is how even the wild, untamable beasts also become friendly. Then he told us that he was looking forward to the day when we were also blessed with the branch.
Then we ask Eric about him. I dont remember the time before Jack picked me up, but I remember that when I was a youngling, Jack fed me with his hand. Once day, Jack had gone outside, later I came to know he used to go to requisition things from villages. That is our job. But anyway, one day Jack was away from the camp and there were some older people who looked after us. I was one of those inquisitive children, and I went outside camp to look into the wilderness. I was told not to do that, but did it anyway to see what would happen. I saw huge trees, never ending greenery, but the sun began to set and I realised that I had lost my way. I then scraped my knee and started crying. After many hours, I decided if I climb a tree, perhaps I could see the spire of smoke from the big blue fire of our camp. So I climbed the tree, but could not find any fire. That was when I realised I had lost the camp. I worried so much that I fell off the tree and broke my ankle. And I could not walk then. Do you know what happened? Before the sun had risen, I heard Jack's voice calling out my name. He came to pick me up. He was injured but still helped me. That is when I realised that Jack is my Lord. I have never disobeyed his order since then.
I take the first watch then wake up Galadriel. The night passes without incident.

29/10/85/01 Tazius
Another day of walking. We discover that we are going slightly off course. Bjorn confronts Eric, while Donger interrogates him. I give Eric some wine from the skin, which calms him down. He swears that we are going the right way. Galadriel takes the second watch.



No comments: