Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Frontline stole my Aditya L1 image

 


So I was just reading Frontline magazine, and saw an image that I had created in the magazine! I immediately tweeted about it, and informed my boss, who informed the copyright guy, after confirming that it wasn't just an ISRO image. The thing is, on closer scrutiny, it appears that some of the text has been plagiarized too, as the caption that Frontline has used for the image is the same as the caption I used for another Aditya L1 story. Frontline has not got back or clarified yet. The last time something like this happened, Mint gave me credit instantly. 

Frontline's story is here, and my story is here. The web version credit's 'ISRO', while the magazine version does not have image credits at all. Here is the version in the magazine, which I have to read more carefully to check if anything else has been taken from my coverage. 



No comments: