Saturday, October 01, 2022

Dream Diary lost things edition

 I think this is where I went to after parking my tricycle at Thane Station. (Full disclosure: I do not have a tricycle)

I am roaming around listlessly, unable to find a ticket counter, and then get on to an empty train, travelling ticketless. Vikhroli goes by, and has been boarded up, so the tracks are walled off and isolated from the city. Everything is empty and desolate. Finally reach Dadar, which is crowded. There are layers and layers of stairways and bridges, some of which have escalators and conveyors. This is a busy station, and I am able to find a ticket counter. I ask the ticket vendor if there is a train for Bengaluru available. He says, yes there is and gives me a ticket. He also asks me questions about who I am going to visit. I speak in kannada and tell him the names of my relatives. I then give him exact change, two hundred rupee notes, and two ten rupee notes. He is appreciative of that fact, and closes down the ticket window! 

He then accompanies me through the station as I go to my platform. While walking, he takes the names of my relatives by name, and then asks me if I consider them all heroes. I say yes, I do. 

I leave him and go down to the platform. In the train, I see a teacher who is also going to Bengaluru. She asks me to hurry up as the train is about to leave. The train gives out a big toot and promptly leaves. 

I look down at my ticket and the timing says 11:51 PM. It is the middle of the day, and I wonder if I have to hang around till that time, or just go home and come back in the evening. The ticket also says travels have to begin within two hours of issuing the ticket. I am unsure if any ticket will work, and if locals are plying between Mumbai and Bangalore. I decide that that has to be the case, and that I am willing to travel ticketless anyway. 

I then struggle to find a way to the platform I need to get at. I drew a map. 

The red circle on the right is where I am at. I need to get to the red circle on the left. The grey boxes are platforms, the black lines are tracks. One of the police officers tells me to cross the tracks when no one is looking. I am in the process of doing that when I notice the footover bridge (In blue) to my right. I think what a dumb licepo. 

I then start walking along the platform towards the footover bridge, when I notice my wallet on the ground. It has all the cards but the money is missing. I am relieved that at least I found my wallet. It is just on the ground next to a newspaper stand. Then a little further, I find two of my shoes. I cannot remember what happened that they came off and I lost my wallet. I am a bit distressed then I wake up. 

Hmm, losing my wallet has started to become recurring. 




No comments: