Wednesday, November 23, 2005

First Time.

Have been dreaming of doing it for a long time, and finally plucked up the courage. Just when you are about to, you feel like you can never manage - but somehow... my exact feelings were "what the heck - let's give it a try."
Was pretty apprehensive at times during the process - but I stuck to it. A part of me told me that I might regret it later - and although there was plenty of potential for that, I did NOT regret later. Burned like hell after that, and the skin was pretty red. Was very careful, and took all the care I could, which is probably why there was no blood. Not even a little drop. This, I am sure, is somewhat of an achievement for a first timer. The skin was sore like hell though. So sore that I don't think I am going to do it again, unless out of absolute necessity. Made me feel more like a Man than anything else has. Like this was the most uber-Macho expirience ever.

If you are not waiting to read what all of that was actually about, and wondering why I was blogging about something like that, and STILL continued to read... get a 1) Brain 2) Life.

I have not stretched any of the facts for the effect. I started writing and then realised what I could convert it into. I really had been dreaming of doing it ever since I saw this stupid AD. First of all, the best thing about shaving with the knife is that you can reapply the cream with the flat side of the blade. Only a very thin layer gets applied, which does not obscure your view of your face like a shaving brush does, which means you can guide your knife with more expertise, which is something, you obviously need to pay attention to. You need to put a LOT of aftershave after you are done. there are also some places where you get scared like shit... like the point where your ears meet your cheeks. Imagine having a knife there, and you are shaving the hair in that region.
Another scary region is the underside of your kneck. Most females won't even know that hair grows there. The region is tricky enough with a razor... but a knife. Actually, it is easier with a knife, although more scary. five or six rapid strokes and you are done. That is what makes the skin so sore though.

Actually shaving with a knife, is by far one of the coolest things I have ever done.

No comments: