Friday, November 11, 2005

Tha Bangalore trip

if I put of blogging this any longer, I will forget what I have to blog, and I suspect that I have already forgotten a lot of what I meant to blog.
On friday I decided that I would go to Bangalore, and I was sitting in this Volvo on Sunday, that was trying desperately to be orange, but failed. I was expecting a white or blue Volvo, but a maroon or even a pink one wouldn't be so bad. What showed up was an almost orange one, which has now become my least favorite color.
The interiors were not as garish, and contrary to popular belief, a journey by bus is in fact, much more comfortable than a journey by train. Mostly because you have to travel for a leser time, the seats are better, and they show a few movies to help pass the time.
While coming back, I came by train, the Udyan Express. I did a 'good deed' by allowing a family without confirmed tickets to sit on the lower birth from Solapur to Pune, while I sat on the top berth alternatively reading Eragon and sleeping. Met some guy called Vinod and his twin brother (who somewhat looked liked Hrithik Roshan). They seemed to be full of tall tales, like Kingfisher and Deccan Airlines giving away tickets for a buck. But I knew that they were tellng the truth afterall, when they made the rest of the passengers incredulous with the 18 hour volvo bus journey storey from Mumbai.
The stay was very comfortable. Althought it was raining, the water had reached knee high at the most, which is more or less a norm in Mumbai. Nothing to complain about. Was thoroughly pampered by relatives.
Changed a lot by the time I came back. People were saying I have grown taller, but I have remained half an inch short of six feet for over two years.
Amazing, just checked, have reached six. That means I am still growing. Good news.
Trip srved its purpose thoroughly, was a refreshing break. I did leave a lot of work hanging, but managed to work just enough from Bangalore to pass of everything as only slight irresponsibility.

Pictures badme.

No comments: