Friday, November 04, 2005

Mobile phone goes kaput

Visited the mobile phone repair shop again. Found out that my mobile phone could not be repaired by him... and I don't trust the Mumbai repairwallahs enough to trust them. Damned thing is not even half a year old. Had a weird intuition that it would be stolen or that I couldn't use it for long when I was buying it itself. Damn.

Plan is to go home and sell it, and get myself a new one. Don't want to cheat the buyer, so I will have to offer it for a very low price. Again, damn.

What hurts most is that the only memories I have of this trip will be the first day and the journey here by bus. There are some memories that absolutely need a camera to be retained, and are just about maybe too personal to blog about. Thankfully, I have been blogging throughout the trip, so there are almost sufficient records of my trip, yet here I am going to write down some things that I wish I had photographed before I forget about them.

1) The entrance at the Rangashankara theatre. Amazing decor, the box lights hanging, the huge candles, the small colorful squares, the history of theatre exhibition, the simple but elegant drapes across the cieling, and the cofee shop, with the seats made out of a marble plank propped up against bricks, and the handcart right in the middle of it all.
2) A very nice cloud formation, where the black clouds looked like an army marchng up. Never understood the cliched expression till I actually saw it, and it was beautiful.
3) An advertisement reading "now you can have a girlfriend anywhere", advertising a portal that allows you to deliver flowers anywhere in India
4) Five cows, five hens and a dog that always sleep, along with the family that have made their home in an empty field. I am sure they will not be around the next time I come here.
5) The streetlights peeking out from above the terrace makes it look just like a UFO. Would make a nice mobile movie accompanied by crackers in the background.

Absolutely need a damned mobile camera. Taking the "loss" as philosophically as I can... but still, no matter how many monks sell their ferraris, it is a tough thing to lose something you desperately need. Maybe I should not depend on a filthy bit of technology so much.

Hey desperate housewives on exactly in an hour. Should go find myself a pink bathtub. Preferrably with a Koala in it. And Sophia. Here is something to ponder about: Is randomness funnier than spoofing?
I mean, is it better to call George Bush a sodomizing satan-worshipper and an explorer in the uncharted frontiers of stupidity, or to simply call him, George Bush: The lord of the Giraffes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A New Place for Spam's Same Old Pitches
The Internet has even coined a term -- splog, a combination of spam and blog -- for a phenomenon that follows in the footsteps of rogue advertising such as spam e-mail, junk mail, junk faxes and adware.
Hey, you have a great blog here! Good Contents.
I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ebook marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers ebook marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)