Thursday, March 24, 2022

Dream Diary Bangalore House Edition

At the early part of the dream, I am in some big building, the bottom of which is a public restroom. I go there to dispose off garbage, but my garbage bin itself gets stolen instead of being emptied by a machine and returned. I keep looking for it, but cannot find it, in this big public toilet that is basically like a subway station. 

(IDK why I keep dreaming of transport facilities with large public toilets, maybe I am confusing the two in my head)

Anyway, there are lot of people coming in, lots of rioting and shouting, and it seems the place is being invaded in large swarms. There are so many poor people coming in (they seem to be climate refugees) Then there are some breakout bands, that are walking with linked arms and in groups and one of them catches me and tells me come with me. We link hands, and we push through the surging crowd, and get outside. On the way, we trample over or push aside people, and we are really going against the flow, but we manage to do it by sticking together. 

Then end up at Bangalore house with a whole bunch of people. It seems to be like a safe house where a lot of people are jumping in. I have this big bag that I am trying to protect with lots of expensive gadgets. 

It's in ruins, the back side of the house has acquired some new junk. There is a metro car shed right behind the house. There are electronics and equipment scatterred all around. Within the house, there is some religious ceremony going on. 

We go in and sit, and we start watching an action movie. The movie is being played with a projector in the middle of a hall, with people sitting on both sides. There is a chase sequence, some biker guys zoom in from the left and go towards the right. I go to the side room, where all the bags have been kept in the abandoned bathroom, which looks like the remains of the homa. At this time, there is on the news that riots have broken out and that a curfew has been imposed, and large gatherings are not allowed outside. More people stream into the house. 

Then I look to the left and see this massive mob of monkeys coming. I run back outside and tell everyone that there is a massive mob of monkeys coming. Some men and boys head out with sticks and other instruments to hit the monkeys. Those who chose to do it are all wearing those old slippers with only a soles and a knob, dhotis and the sacred threads. Some of the older men are wearing banyans. All of them have tikas. 

After a while there is news on the radio that the riots have been contained, but the curfew measures are harder, and that a whole ton of arrests have been made, with people being carted off in over 100 police vans. 

But the monkey problem is escalating, and I feel like I need a smoke. 

Then I deliver a dialogue straight out a movie, like a hero, "Give me a laathi for the kothi".  A bunch of ladies in sarees unanimously tell me, "take one!" while pointing me to a room full of the weapons of the defeated. I see a whole bunch of bows and arrows strewn around, some sticks, and a very big, curved pole. Some of the weapons have blades or clubs on them, and I ask the ladies what it is about. One of them says, "apparently there is a panther around" I pick the pole and head out to thwack the monkeys. The arrows are blunted, they look like this one I have hanging at the side of my wall:


But the front of the house is pandemonium, it is also crowded with people, using the house as a safehouse. One drunk man tries to steal some cigarettes and is thwacked away, which is straight from a scene of Gol Mal. I have a packet on me, but need a lighter, which I manage to flick. 

There are snails, squirrels, mynahs, peacocks, bulbuls, crows, pigeons, sparrows, chameleons and a whole bunch of other urban creatures. One creature is struggling upside down, and I set it right, and it turns out to be a softshell tortoise. Again, I try to take photos with my phone, but unfortunately, I cannot capture the  images, or switch between cameras, which is when I realise it is a dream, but I let it happen without going lucid. I simply explain to myslef the camera is buggy and switch to that theory instead of this is a dream. 

(This is something apparently you can do, continue dreaming and convince yourself it is real, even after realising that it is a dream) 

I leave the turtle alone and go to get rid of the monkey problem. After walking towards the back of the house, I come across some guy who is letting people borrow a lighter, so I head back, return the stolen lighter, for which I am thanked, and then come back to the guy and light my cigarette, then head to the back of the house. On the way, I pass a few rooms that have partially caved in, are caked with ash, and have furniture strewn around. 

At this point we hear the announcement that there has been a shoot at sight order given to anyone breaking the curfew. 

At the back of the house are two abandoned trucks full of electronics. There are weeds and overgrown plants everywhere, and right above are two crisscrossing metro lines. The surroundings are tightly packed with buildings, but this is a little patch of green. Except on the west side, which is a sprawling green landscape of rolling hills, but not clean hills. They are covered in thick vegetation, making it impossible to traverse through them. 

This is when the dream looks really picturesque and cinematic.There are some people smoking, smoking up, and doing their own things, scattered about. I go to one end, and see some people venturing out beyond the walls of the house. A metro rake comes in and parks itself at the carshed, and the guy gets out and leaves. I suspect that the metro authority has been dumping garbage in my house. 

There is a girl standing on some abandoned vehicle just outside the complex, looking up at the metro rakes running overhead. I say "this looks so post apocaltospitgpsid" (I cannot pronounce it), and she responds, "that's right, it looks very post apocalyptic". There are hues of blue and purple in the sky, layers of low lying clouds that the skytrains are passing through, and junk strewn all around the wasteland. 


I then go about appreciating the tech used in the metro carshed, when Im hit to the side of the next by three darts. There is some other androgynous person, let's call them Y, who initially starts as female, but turns into male by the end of the movie. They have elfin features and smirk a lot, and shot me with the arrows. I ask if it is poison, and she says no, and that she expected me to divert it because of all the talks of electrodynamism (exact word used in the dream, I know it isn't one). 

(This is perhaps a reference to a scene from the climax of Adam, which I watched a few days ago)

I respond with a "you witches!" which I think is very smart (In the dream) and we all head back towards the back of the house, where I bump into another person, let us just call her X (not a real person). X hugs me and we talk in low soft voices, catching up, she says "you have become better", IDK if she means physically or mentally, but in the dream I sense that we have not met for 10 years or so. She is the girlfriend of Y. Y takes out a tablet that looks like an old Sony Mavica camera like the one Akshaye Khanna uses in Taal, merged with the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, and takes a series of photographs. 

No comments: