Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Dream Diary Cake Edition

And of course there was cake. The dream ended with a fake cake actually. There were two old computers, kept in the basement of college, I went to operate one, and it turned out to be fake. Bells went off, confetti was showered, people gathered, was crowned the idiot, face plastered with the cake and it was a celebration. With samosa and chips. 

Getting to college though, required a trip on another long series of rails, and I was tethered to it by the chest with chains! And I was holding a kid in my hands too. Basically we were watching a concert of a Carnatic Rock band (It was an unspecific one, new people again), and the crowd kept building up, while I kept shifting to a better and better vantage point, till a whole group of tribal people left, through a gap in the chain link fence, allowing me to sit on a platform with this kid I was babysitting. Which was good because the kid had just gotten into a wrestling match with another kid, and we had to break them apart, I could not handle the kids to harshly, but could not allow them to continue fighting either. 

Anyway, so we are just sitting watching the concert when unexpectedly I start moving on this chain relay, It goes around the stage, and through a series of abandoned buildings. There is a wooden stopper as the chain moves up a building, between two buildings, down another building, through a wide open space, before ending up in the college. Through the journey, I have to keep tightening the chains as they are perpetually on the verge of slipping. 


So bunch of things going on here. First thing is that at a subconscious level, Im having a bunch of dreams about community... what's missing from our lives are the bands and tribes that our ancestors had. This is the reason why everything from the Rotary Club to Biker Gangs are structured in a certain way. Everyone needs that structure I feel. 


Second thing is Im having a lot of dreams about roller coasters... or basically getting picked up by a carriage on rails at an unexpected point, and being attached to it precariously. IDK what that is about. 

But at least there was cake! 

No comments: