Saturday, March 12, 2022

Dream Diary Vangador edition

 So Im In my old dead grand aunt's home, and there is some big wedding party going on. She is alive, and asking me to keep my shoes in the right place or something. Both of my pairs that I have in Delhi are under some furniture in the living room for some reason, even though they are normally kept just inside the door in the verandah. I find two left shoes for some reason, and do not find the right shoe. 

This is the second time I have dreamed of losing my shoe. Sure there must be some dream meaning, but also, they are 34K 3D printed Adidas Alphaedge 4D Star Wars Edition... and I think using expensive sneakers does affect your dreams to some extent. 

Then I get a call from my friend and Im suddenly transported to the compound of a housing society outside Tikujiniwadi, and Im drinking with Alaap. I tell him, I have no idea how I landed up here. He tells me, what man, I called you and picked you up. You wanted to go to Banglore, but I said no, don't go, let us go and drink some Killian's beer. So I got a four pack, we came here, and we finished it. I have more at home, we can go there and continue drinking. I then ask him who is that, pointing to a guy in blue and white shirt, who is trying to make a really drunk girl stand erect. He says, "Oh that is Ankit" (It is not any Ankit I know IRL) and that is his gf Kuldeep (again, know no such person). Kuldeep passes out from being drunk and Ankit carries her to the car. He waves and drives away. For some reason, I look for something within the building compound. The security guards do not drive us away. Someone exits from the building. I go back outside, and ask Alaap to drop me home, which he does. 

Im sitting and thinking (still in the dream), how I would re-do my life if I had a second chance. I resolve to eat more when I was a kid instead of throwing it away. (I was a slow eater, and the breaks were too short for me to finish, so I would throw away the extra food every day.) Within the dream, I felt bad for all the wasted lunches that my mom had lovingly cooked and packed for me. I also resolve to be a better friend, and study harder, and win in quiz competitions. By this time, my wishful thinking within the dream have started manifesting as the dream itself. Im in the Bournvita Quiz Contest, answering questions, and winning too. Then suddenly Im sitting watching myself on TV, and it switches to the Five Star Junior's Quiz Contest, which is like Mastermind, but for kids. Shivakumar, one of my friends is answering the questions. The quizmaster asks him "What is common between Lata Mangeshkar and Celena Jaitly?" and Shiva answers in a thick south Indian accent "vangador" (I don't know the meaning of the word, and it was in Tamil, not Punjabi). The background goes red and he is eliminated and the lights go dim. The quizmaster is saying something about thinking before answering, and I wake up. 

As an explanation for the question, on Clubhouse quizzes, the quizmaster has to make the questions un-google-able, and one of the tricks used for this is to ask what is common between things. For example, what is common between Fanaa, Jannat 2, Boss, Kurbaan and Guide

Keep reading to find out :) 

No comments: