Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Safdar Jang's Tomb and Lodi Garden

 Another day, another spectacular monument. Was at the entrance at 7 am sharp. The entry was Rs 25, but there was no token, ticket or receipt. Just had to hand over the cash to the watchman. There was nobody there except for a dog, that followed me around! 






The garden was full of birds, and I even saw a ginormous eagle and a peacock sitting on the same tree! 



Then I crossed the road and headed to Lodi garden. Right near the entrance is the tomb of Muhammad Shah Sayyid. The garden was full of people taking their morning walks and doing yoga. I walked into a pair of people doing shavasan and was startled lol. It was difficult to get the monument without people around, but I hid them behind the bushes and waited for others to leave. 


Up next was the Bada Gumbad, which is also a mosque. 


Then comes the Shish Gumbad. There were no mirrors, I checked. 



Then came the Sikandar Lodi tomb, which was closed. 


Then there was like a duck pond with geese, parrots, pigeons, crows and of course, ducks! 






I was dead tired by this time, my back was aching. But I had to travel by metro to get an 8K video recording. I walked through Khan Market, and got into the wrong direction lol. Realised three stops later, switched the direction. Was finding it difficult to stand in the Metro. Fortunately, there was a free seat which I occupied. By the time I reached Neheru Place, my back was killing me. I was finding it painful to even sit. I somehow managed to get home, plonked myself down on the bed. I filed my review by around 1:30, an hour after the embargo lifted and then fell sound asleep. Twice. I checked in the night and found that I had walked for 10 hours and 30 kilometres in 3 days. OOF. Was feeling feverish by evening. I would have written down more details, but this will have to do, I am dead tired. 



Have decided to not do this to my body, pace myself out, and only visit one monument a week from now on hahaha.  



No comments: