Sunday, March 27, 2022

India Habitat Centre

 Visited India Habitat Centre to deliver a signed copy of Jug Suraiya's book to my dad's old friend Nikhil. There was some Unani fair going on, where entry to outsiders was strictly not allowed, at least that's what the board said. I had a chance to look through the stalls, just some old bored people trying to sell herbs and stuff. 

I just saw some Dyal Singh College kids being college kids, and missed my days at SIES. Went past a Tibetan museum that I would like to revisit again. There were also some posh school kids at the Air Force School, and saw a bunch of drivers sleeping in their cars with AC on full blast. Really, such a waste of fossil fuel all around. 

And probably, taxpayer money. 

Anyway, after handing over the book, as I was coming out, I saw this glorious bird screeching on a lamp post. I do not know if it is an eagle or a kite. Anyway, I took a photo, and this Nepali guy lazing around in a patch of grass (Delhi has a lot of patches of grass where people just lie down), smiled at me knowingly, as if something mundane in his surroundings was elevated by my appreciation of it. I smiled back, and came home. 



No comments: