Friday, March 25, 2022

Dream Diary garbage rainbow edition

I was flying in this one. 

It started as small hops and jumps, and I flew straight from Thane to somewhere east of Powai, but not Andheri. Then I decide to head back, and jump into this place right around Bhandup, where there is a big festival going on for Krishna. There are a bunch of youth hanging from ropes from a giant pole that everyone swings around. It is known as a giant stride, but this giant stride was really giant, like as tall as a building. 


(I have never seen or used this thing before, although I had come across it, I had forgotten about it. I am pretty sure my brain invented it on its own)

This giant stride does not have single ropes, but pairs of ropes with a swing between them. It also has a ring on top, like the cycle or monkey stride. Only with a lot many more jagmag ropes. 


All the people using the youth are dressed up like they are playing dandiya. One of the girls tells me by name "Aditya, you are not invited to this party". I don't respond, but leave, I use the swing to launch me back into the sky. While yeeting, I wonder where I know her from, and try to place someone who lives in the area, but do not come up with anything. 

I am flying towards Nahur, when out to the west, I see this huge bank of really black, dark clouds rolling in. On the ground, I can see large pools of black liquid also beginning to submerge the lower floors of the city. It is more like oil than water, or maybe sewage. In any case, it is black and shiny. I get really scared, and fly into one of those terraces of a building that are generally inaccessible. Just as I do, someone, I cannot see the person, closes the iron door and walks away. I then look westwards, waiting for the bank of clouds to hit me. I am a bit worried about how to get home later, as I have not taken my phone or wallet with me. But right now, there are muuuch bigger things to worry about, such as staying alive. 

The world goes dark. It is raining, heavily. Small flecks of black rain, full of soot and pollution. It stinks, and leaves behind some black particles with every drop. The entire city is flooded up to the first three storeys. Buildings start falling down and collapsing. Mine does too. I jump out and start flying just as it does, and I see an older couple struggling too. 

I levitate them, while I myself fly into the terrace of another building. There are buildings collapsing all around. Then, the one we are in collapses as well. I tell the guy, "Don't worry, I got you." I fly while falling with the building, and making sure no one is hurt by levitating them. Couple runs away, without a word of thank you. 

I make another hop, and things are clearing! The whole thing is over suddenly, there are just pools of water on the ground and garbage deposited everywhere. I land at a field where people are burning piles of garbage. The burning garbage piles have circular rainbows around them! Similar to glories, but much more defined. Out in the background, there is a huuuge rainbow across the city. It is so beautiful that I wake up. 


This is so accurate! Only time Paint 3D has disappointed me, had to use Photoshop.

Then I start thinking about how podcasts are the best form of entertainment as it leaves you to do something with your hands and eyes while still consuming the content. It is the only form of entertainment that does that I think... like of course, that and radio plays lol.  And music. 

I was tempted to just go back to sleep, but I am glad that I saved this one. 

No comments: