Monday, August 01, 2005

About today I guess

I got the message from the phone chain that there would be no college today, so there was nothing much to do throughout the day. I spent it reading the diary of Anne Frank, which is a highly amusing book. When I was in the mood for something different, I ended up perusing a number of artistic inclinations that I had, investigating entirely fabricated paranormal phenomena, digging up old pictures of entirely fabricated paranormal phenomena (it is a habit that refuses to die), reinforcing my self-appointed title of “The Lord of the Potties” by converting the old picture into a three dimensional one, and finally, played guess the finger with myself, a pretty useless occupation, I agree.
Now I will explain all of this with the help of pictures:

The perusal of artistic inclinations part:

I rendered this unicorn fighting a robot in Bryce after modifying the horse from poser:



Actually, I wanted a few original renders to put in my phone as the wallpaper, so I rendered it in the separate dimensions. Separate two dimensions I mean. But I was not entirely satisfied with it, so I rendered the unicorn separately:



And played around with it in photoshop:



And finally achieved this, which I am pretty proud of:



The investigation of entirely fabricated paranormal phenomena part:
Who is this ghost haunting my bedroom? Me of course. Used a mobile cam and photoshop and just sort of made one layer transparent that’s all. And used the timer to click myself.


The digging up of old entirely fabricated paranormal phenomena part:
Ok, so this is THE best ghost picture I have made. It is of a friend haunting me.


And this is the first picture I took of a UFO, never been blogged before. No photoshop used, just a digital camera and nothing else. Will take the secret of it till the grave. Shit! I just realized that I am a Hindu, so in all probability I will be cremated, so I might as well tell the secret if I am never going to go to the grave at all: it is just the lens cover held in front of the lens in a temporary moment of inspiration. Never been able to replicate the effect, because the camera focuses on the lens cap, not the background.



The 3d lord of the potties part.

The old post where this originally came on is in here somewhere. I will probably take the trouble to link it here. Probably not. Will tell the story in short. We found this room full of toilet seats, and get this – on the top storey of a skyscraper. It was in the level above the terrace, next to the water tank. Anyway, so I used a potty as my throne and a friend photographed me. For the detailed story go to – actually, you do not need the detailed story, trust me.
The point is, I made an anaglyphic image of the picture, and you need 3d glasses to see it. Use a bit of red cellophane over the left eye and blue over the right eye if you don’t have access to 3d glasses, but the effect won’t be as good. The August 98 issue of National geographic, the one with the mars and titanic 3d pics has a good pair of 3d glasses.



With that, the experimentation for the day ended.

I am blogging even more ferociously than usual because of being stuck inside because of the rains. Nothing else to do – so I am on a blogathoon I guess.

1 comment:

Goan Pao said...

The term "I played finger with myself" sounds pretty vulgar though I know thats not what you mean..
looks like ure hooked to Photoshop..
thats a nice tool to amuse ones self...