Tuesday, August 16, 2005

more on weed

My father smokes a lot, and I know the bad effects very well. So I have never smoked in my life. The first time I even held a (lit) cigerette was at Mosh Mania when this girl asked me to hold it while she attended a call. Five minutes later, weed came along. No one had told me not to. It was right there in front of my eyes, and I thought, what the hell, and wen't for it.
The big mistake was admitting this in college. Some guys couldn't believe their ears. They said I didn't look the kind. Donno whether to take it as an insult or compliment. Some guys went all judgmental and thought I was this gaya guzra kind...
and there was this third kind which scared the shit out of me. One guy went into the details on how to actually get the kick, something to do with inhaling it and keeping it in. One girl was happy that there was someone else in the class, and said that she'd call me the next time when she... you know. Damn, I have done it and I don't even know the term for it. Turns out that drugs aren't hideously costly afterall. Fifty bucks is all you need to get settled properly. They told me that it is almost always free, because someone always buys more than enough for everyone. and here was me thinking you get addicted then you have to shell out something like seven hundred bucks for a small tiny pill or something.
The descussion ventured into the realms of acid, when I maaged to wriggle out by saying that I was not the kind, and just did it once for the heck of it. Damn, that was a mistake, although I am not too sorry for the expirience. As soon as I said this, everyone talking about it immideately switched gears and started saying things like "good for you" and "we shouldn't be encouraging anything" and "yeah, you don't get involved..."

Changed the topic by suggesting we play truth and dare.

One guy's most embarassing moment turned out to be getting a crap behind a rock in camp and gour girls seeing him at it by mistake.
The same guy tore his pants horse riding in the same day in front of the same four girls.

Always wanted to blog this. Gives a mega boost to your confidence... whenever you feel low or something. I think it is a very good idea to keep a list of compliments you recieve somewhere around for the sake of periodic boosts of confidence:

Five best compliments I have ever recieved:

5) You don’t look the kind (who would fall to peer pressure)

4) You are an enigma

3) All one needs to do when one is depressed is to take your name

2) You cannot be bitched about

1) You can write about anything yaar, so the topic cannot be of importance to you.

The last said by a teacher, that's why it's No. 1, or No. 2 would be my number one.

3 comments:

Goan Pao said...

Thats good attitude man...wish there were more people like you who like to remember the compliments people give them rather than the bad things people say....
well as for your mosh escapade..my final words are..the GRASS is greener on the other side..

Anorion said...

GP: another one for the list? thanks man...
And what if the grass is never green?

Elf: I thought I was funny in person, but now that you mention it, I've begun to have second thoughts.

Elf: I think truth and dare is pretty OK. It's fun to corner someone with difficult to answer questions. We ask questions like "who do you trust the least here?" so not telling the truth would be a dumb thing to do. Or we ask questions that we can blackmail the fellow with, no matter what answer he gives, (I will take my own horrible example) I was asked to enlist five girls I would like to spoon. The honest answer would be that I hadn't particularly thought of that act, but who would listen to me? Maybe truth and dare sucks because you CANNOT tell the truth.
Yeah, I will fix the link.

Jugular Bean said...

Hahaha!

Well do pick up The Doors of Perception