Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cosmo

The first time I saw cosmo, it was this totally taboo mag that my friend's mom used to subscribe for. I was never really interested in peeking between the pages, but my friend used to act like he knew girls better... Anyway, around a year and a half ago, there was this other cosmo that another friend and I saw in an old book store, with Cameron Diaz on the cover. He wanted to buy it, but for some reason didn't.

Today, because of a project called "ender cunstruction in the media" and my individual assignment being gender cunstuction in cosmo, I go buy the second hand bookshop off most of the cosmo issues that he has.
A woman with a child in her hands, buying a book for kids gav me a weird look. while I was sifting through the mags, weeding out the repititions, a couple of college girls suddenly apparated behind me, and the entire atmosphere was like I had ordered a condom, and everyone wanted to laugh or somethin.
I muttered something about a project loudly, which I now realise was sure to give anyone hearing damning evidence that I was upto something dubious with Cameron Diaz (I got that issue.)
So I was carrying a stack of 17 cosmos, going back to my building and realised all the potential emberassment waiting for me there. Small kids would be playing cricket, not so small kids would be playing basketball, a bunch of gossipping ladies would be... WAITING for something like this to come along, and a bunch of young girls would be waiting to be gossipping old ladies. I could imagine the scene if I dropped my stack in front of any one of these groups.
Reached home safely, although a basketball came dangerously close.
THEN the real problem came. My mother. I hadn't told her earlier that I would be geting a stack of cosmo home. She blamed the collge for giving atrocious projects...

really, it is for a bloody project.
Today: A review of COSMO!

4 comments:

Jugular Bean said...

Don't lie!! You just wanna ogle at half naked celebs, and read girly gossip!!!

Anonymous said...

Heh-he! So now that you've read a bunch of Cosmo-es, Do you think you know girls better?

Elf

Anorion said...

@Jagular: I cannot ogle at half naked celebs because cosmo lacks them. I am instead reduced to oggling at more than half naked anonymous women. And have no complaints about cosmo! It is aimed to help women satisfy men better...

@Elf: Actually, now I understand them even less...

Goan Pao said...

Hey looks like youre a cosmo boy now...whats the big deal..guys would gossip too if a girl picks up a playboy..
women are insecure and cosmo builds their insecurity, they try hard to understand men with trivial cosmo articles...men we dont really care, we try to make our under stand (pun intended) with pictures and agree that we will never figure women out so why try...
also next time you go to pickup cosmos use this for an excuse: pretend your talking to your mom or some girl on the phone...