Wednesday, August 17, 2005

II class

After a lot of time, I traveled in second class. Found out that Mumbai local trains are not always as crowded as they are made out to be. Infact, today there was such a lack of crowd, that one guy even managed to do this:

This is photo number 022, so I have clicked over a thousand snaps in my mobile phone, barely two months after I got it. Went to Udipi Rama Nayak after college for the project work. How the hell does the ECS teacher expect me to write 20 pages on Udipi Hotels. Spoke to the very kind Mr. Satish Nayak, who gave me a load of info I had absolutely no clue about. He also ordered a glass of tea for me. I had never had tea before, and I couldn’t refuse there, so I had to drink tea for the first time in my life…

Found out pretty much the hard way that “drugs” is a very big word. People can be so stupid sometimes. I guess that includes me. Turns out that I might not have actually smoked weed. The honey flavor I described is that of the paper itself, not of the substance. Maybe I didn’t inhale deeply enough or something. So I am not a wasted human being after all, as some people are inclined to think.

I guess I should write ten things I learnt everyday like the other blog I will link to someday. It was featured on blogspot.com and I forgot the link because I had to set up a new profile in XP, and you cannot carry forward your favorites unless you save them separately first. Anyway, here are ten things I learnt today:

1) The seats in f1 cars are designed after the butts of the drivers. So Driver A cannot sit in Driver B’s car. Also, if, for any reason, a driver loses or gains weight, the car seat has to be replaced.
2) Fitting an Ambassador with tritronic gear change is a very stupid thing to do
3) I can fly if I run very fast and make sure that the pressure above my head is lower than below my feet. But because of a lack of engines, I will immediately crash. It would be a better option to jump.
4) Tea tastes bad.
5) No matter what you search on Google, you end up with nude girls, mostly with whips and dogs.
6) Udipi was a trademark till 1960, until which time people were using things like “udipi like” and “udipi style”
7) After lunch wait a while, after dinner, walk a mile (a slogan in the restaurant)
8) The Mumbai culture project has been postponed to Monday
9) I-rock tickets do not cost 350 bucks after all…
10) I am god’s gift to Mankind (this guy I helped out with a project was kind enough to point this out to me)

1 comment:

Anorion said...

Yeah my mother adviced me against getting addicted to cofee. Somehow I didn;t take tea too. Cigerettes and alcohol were a definate no-no. She never, ever, however, told me not to smoke weed.
So yeahah.