Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Dissection of my friendship’s day T-shirt.






Today was not friendship day and since it has the unfortunate habit of showing up on the second Sunday of every august, and fortunately I don’t have college on Sunday, we only celebrate friendship day in its belated state. The bands are now passé, oh shit, word actually puts in the grave for me. Anyway, the bands are now passé. Cool. Passé. And markers are in. I received a total of around say seven bands: two red (I love you or I want to kill you) one blue (brotherly love) one white (Peace) two pink (special friend (yeah, I laughed too)) and one that is somewhere between pink and red, I think the color is referred to as burgundy, which probably signifies you are a special friend whom I want to kill. But markers on t-shirts can be much more eloquent than mere satin bands, for example, what color will you get hold of to say “you have a vagina”?

This is what more or less happened to my t-shirt, which was worn for that explicit purpose.

Front:

1) A stick figure with a prominently large endowment
2) Aileen
3) Happy friendship day – [name in Hindi I cannot read]
4) Swap
5) Today is a Shit day
6) Meghna
7) Vidya
8) You don’t know the power of the dark side of the force
9) Yo man yarty (don’t ask) –Lavanya
10) : ) Niki
11) Palli... … … … … … … -Bidisha (again, I am speechless)
12) Shoot here -> (Aimed at minimizing my contribution to the gene pool)
13) Bhavik (in red) + some green doodles
14) A name that cannot be read owing to the failure of an overworked green marker, but I think it reads Priyanka.
15) MJ (more green doodles)
16) What can only be deciphered as “Pohzuhis” written on top of “Sneha”
17) I have a vagina and so does Aditya - Anita (next to a pictorial representation of the FRS.)
18) Tush. Yash.
19) Keep Smiling – Rhutu + Akshay (with a \m/)
20) What’s up man? Along with a thumb print
21) Happy Friendship’s day – Priyanka (So number 14 wasn’t that… hmm…) + [U R COOL] - Bags
22) Looks like Jai Hind, but it’s Jhanavi.
23) DJ Adonis
24) Ruhie
25) MJ
26) The S of Adonis that I think should look like a snake
27) Some dirt + this area is empty because my bag covered it
28) Naki (or something like that)


UPDATE: I learnt in class today that People in Mizoram also eat rotten fish as a delicacy. Apparently, that is a very costly thing, and people actually keep fish to rot. Why don’t we transport all the rotten fish from here to there? Weird people must be a great market for Laxatives. Mizoram has some serious food issues.

1 comment:

Ar said...

blech! rotten fish! ugh...

nice tee design, hehe