Thursday, July 14, 2005

NDR-114

Long time since I had a typical about today blog. But of late, things have been anything but typical. Or rather, they have become anothersort of typical than life used to be before BMM days.
found out the hard way that BMM is in fact, not the long vacation I had dreamed about. Still going to classes, still doing wierd things in the last bench, as I used to since kintergarten...
and stuff like that. Saw Bicentennial man today. I actually started clapping when the two kiss... pretty good scene that. As usual, I headed over to IMDB to check out the trivia. Turns out that the aria that Andrew is listening to when he first uses the record player is from Dvorak's opera "Rusalka." The opera is concerned with the fairy-tale story of a water nymph who wants to become mortal for love.
Also, the car driven by ma'am is the same car driven by stalonne in demolition man. Cool eh?
What I like about Andrew is that, wehn he talks about sex, he goes from "It all sounds so very... messy" to "That you can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time. That two bodies can become so mixed up, that you don't know who's who or what's what. And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do. Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there. That's a miracle. You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love." Maybe I can use it in that "sec and the media" project that I am working on.
Still have a backlog of two JAM articles - just biding my time for a while Wrote the submission for tommorrow... will blog again tommorrow.

No comments: