Saturday, April 30, 2005

phew!

This cybrcafe is so damn dumb that this page took more than twenty minutes to show up. After I closed it around five times and tried again. I was a bit frustrated, but I shouldn't have been. I am in a different cubicle of the same net4u cybercafe of day-before yesterday, where half my matrix work was done. THANK GOD THAT is over. Really tiny keyboard, but my elbows are not in the shelf, mainly because the desk is not at chest level, but is still uncomfortably high. And the drawer wont come out fully. Anyway, huge day today, after the blog in the morning, from that tiny cafe in a small gully opposite tip top, I got tickets at the new ticket counter on the other side of thane station, the east side that is, and hauled my butt all the way to cst on a fast train, the 1157 or 52 fast I think. I got to marine drive, then the most amazing thing happened, the guy at sony world there had to remove a box just to recieve my submission. I was the first submission there, and today was the last day for the competition. This just gave me a lot of hopes. I walked out of sony world, gave the news to two of my friends who had participated in making the spoof, then sat on marine drive for a while. And took photos, mostly for the now somewhat discontinued world's most boring photoblog, with the theme, stuff amongst the tetrapods.
Actually first I sat on the wall, listening to a good song disorted by he sounds of a load of pigeons eating whatever they call their all day meal. The song was from a cheap radio of a taxi driver who was inching forward on the road. I think he had parked without putting it in neutral and had gone to sleep. So I took a few photos more for the heck of it than any artistic inclinations. The resolution was very high, and this dumb cafe reduced the colors when I reduced the resolution. Damn. So you will see very bad images, but what the hell....
This is sony world. It looks like this impressive shop from the outside, especially if you go past it in bus no 138, but on the inside, it is very disorganised and downright messy.



And this is a particularly good photo of the mumbai skyline which paintbrush has particularly spoilt



just view a mega-large and cooler version of this pic here

something just happened to this dumb pc and the angled bracks wont work anymore. Damn. I guess I will have to start mailing my blogs in instead of comming to this site and typing it...

anyway, here is the detail of the skyline from another picture


The spot I was sitting on was along the stretch of road that is overlooked by the NDtv headquaters. Damn, now shift does not work with v and t. this keyboard sucks.
I should have waved and asked someone to tape it. There was an idea for april fools day to get four vans to carry the message ndtv sucks and go past that place a few times, and it would show up on their channel.

Then I actually got down to the tetrapods



Which had a few strange numbers on them,



I wasn't concious of the camera here because the overhanging ledge offered a lot of screening from the street. Basically, no one could watch me, unless they climbed onto the ledge. Someone had thrown the seta of a sofa nearby, and I saw a lot of shit like teabags, slippers, sticks, grass, paper plates in plastic bags and even a bit of actual shit.



After that I zoomed into some cranes far away that I wanted to take photos of. The cranes had this really cool thing to lift up stuff, like four spoons were got together and tied up with apparatus to dilate and cotract them. Pretty cool eh?



After that I walked around a bit, with the hope of getting to that restaurant outside mittal towers, went past inox in the process, and also the place where gandhi and neheru statues are kept. Neheru looks a bit childish, the proportions are wrong somewhat.
but there was also JRD tata there, and Dan Brown should have a look at this. It looked so strange, the figures aroud him were not even remotely india. An angel is looking over him. I have to go back and have a closer look. Mebbe I can come up with my own conspiracy theories.
mebbe.



even the mumbai police headquaters has a pentacte and a white hand on top. The evil other than the illuminati eye. Viola. LOR connection emerges, th hand of saruman. I've got conspiracy theories for both mumbai and LOTR. Must write it once my pc is alright, Damn time is running out, and I have to type really fats now.

I also have to blog another short story, or rather the 9000 plus letters combo of five similiar short stories, i have to type one as I thin I have los the soft copy somehow.

Anyway, ummm... today morning, in the classe, there was a fantastic gd and two cae studies were given, like who will you save when an accident happens and you are allowed to save only one guy, like a poor breadwinner for the family, with a sister, wife, children and parents dependant on him, the son of a diamond merchant who is ready to give the hospital a blank cheque if his son survives, a politician threatening to raze the hospital if his son is not treated, an athelete good enough to win the gold in the next olympics, and an entrepreuner, with employment of ten lakhs people.
My answer was to save the diamond merchant's son, loads of money is the key, bribe the politician, or get him killed, pay money to the poor guy's family, set up a training center for atheletes, in that athelete's name, employ someone else instead of the entrepreuner, and used the excess money for the hospital to ensure this does not happen again.
Which was the wrong answer as there was no right answer.
Damn. The other case study involved a psychopath aping a girl and she realises she is pregnant, and what she should do with the kid. Damn. Most of the argument was whether or not she should bloody go give a police complaint. how dumb man...

and I came up with a solution for there being more pensioners than working people in India. ban teachers, force the old guys in the field to go through teacher training for six months, and have them teach. they can earn their pension and share their expirience with peopl entering the field, and young people can enter the field. This will also help solve the problem of so few people going into pure sciences.
Ah well, this is a forty minute blog now, its nine twenty six. I gtg, have to be home by nine thirty, though nothing will happen even if I go home at ten. Ah well... photos have hopefully gotten uploaded, will blog only on teusday now. I will tell you what I am going to do for the next two days. the harry potter bookathon that I had planned day before yesterday, Tommorrow mornig I am starting, and not stopping till I have read all five books. I will keep a hourly record of what I am doing. This is gonna be fun.
Ah well...
yep, the photos have been uploaded, my wrist is paining from all the typing. i will stop blogging now. I mean only for today. Will miss two whole days after nearly a year. Will blog next on teusday, a friend had called and we might go out on teusday, also I have to meet dope and we have to play chess at the club, and hopefully my comp will be repaired by then. So tuesday. I dont want to stop blogging... but

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a hosting streaming video site/blog. It pretty much covers this post related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a atlanta site/blog. It pretty much covers this post related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Anorion,

I took a look at your post
regarding discount merchant .

You are invited to place a link to
your blog on our website for free. See:

http://www.thefreeadforum.com


We get over 18,000 visitors per day.
Many are looking for discount merchant
related products and services.

We have a specific category for discount merchant .
Your listing will be spidered by the search
engines under discount merchant . Our pages
are made to be search engine friendly.
We hope you take a moment to take
advantage of this free advertising.

Cheers,

John

http://www.thefreeadforum.com
The Free Advertising Forum.