Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Damn

Got up in the morning, watched tv till twelve, I think I watched parts of a movie -yeah it's coming back to me now. watched the mask, then called a friend who twisted an ankle playing football so he couldn't come with me, but I headed over to Vt anyway, alone, in the first class compartment, got a good seat in a fast local, searched for sterling a bit, found it finally, ang GOT TICKETS FOR STAR WARS EPISODE THREE. Yeah. As I was heading over, a train rushed past the bridge I was standing on, I called up ameya and asked him to come up with a formula for adjusting the frequency of the horn in such a way that a doppler is not heard.
Yeahah.
Then went to planet M, talked with an assistant about the rearranged positions of the cds, he didn't have the new IM album, so I got push the button from chemichal brothers, and the best of Culture Club, which amazingly enough does not contain bow down mister. then headed over to BCL, got von bek, master of the time streams, and world facts, headed home, watched a bit of tv, parts of dumb bollywood movies, headed over to play badminton, lost a few games pathetically, and won a few spectacularly.

Venkatraman uncle died today. He was this old man who used to live in my old building. Some train accident that no one knows the details of crippled him for life. he lost both legs, and experimented with different types of crutches for the rest of his life. HE was this khadus old man actually, and one of the earliest memories of him that I have is him playing out the role of Dr. Jeckyll and MR. Hyde in a competition in the society. I did not fully understand it at that time, but he did a good impression of changing from a good guy to a monster. HE moved arouund and put black polish on his face. I also remember a dassera thing that his wife had made, and the very bitter-sweet south indian prasadam. His wife uased to look after him in old age. he wanted to encourage me when I made tha dumb mag for my building called audumbar weekly. Tht was total shit. He didn't pay for it, and I moved pout of that and lost touch. We still used to borrow his VCR to play some tapes a few times, but it didn't work the last time around.
That's about all I remember of him... except that he also thought I had a perverted mentality, which was not entirely untrue. Feelind a bit sad that he has died, and that I will never have the pleasure of looking at that mean old smile that he gave whenever he had indirectly insulted anyone. Damn. HE shifted between two flats towards the end... and nove he has gone. Damn. Really miss him.
His daughter always used to sing Monica oh my darling in the ganesh utsav.

Called up ameya later and he gave me the derivation.

velocity of train = v
frequency = n1
velocity of sound = V

n = (V/V-v)n1

new frequency n2

n = (V/V+v)n2

(V+v)n1 = (V-v)n2

He couldn't figure it out at the point thoguh, the momentary transitionfrom n1 to n2.
Will use it somewhere. I think.
I GOT TICKETS FOR EP III.
But Raman uncle died today. That's just shit.
Spending a lot of time uding.

No comments: