Monday, May 09, 2005

never trust a politician

Page 55 of deception point. am gonna finish the book before I sleep tonight. Angels and Demons turned out to be better than da vinci code, and Deception point is turning out to be better than that except for the camerlengo's speech. Nothing can beat that one. I will not be surprised if Da vinci code turns out to be the worst book brown will ever write.
So got up early morning, and went to get the photos of the ad that looked like a penis. Got it from a building opposite that was being cunstructed, and the watchman did not even stop me... I acted as if I knew what I was doing. but the angle was slightly skewd...
I had entirely forgotten about this until I to rememer what I had done today...
So just went to potoshope, formatted the pics for the web, and uploaded it.
This is the entire ad



and this is the detail with alittle bit of the lampost edited out...



there was a building on the other corner tht was ideal to take the pic, but it was under cunstruction, and what I thought was the entrance while I looked out of a window in the building I was in, tunred out to be a hole in the wall on the first floor. i should've taken the photo of that too, but I did not want to go back. Damn. it just struck me that I could have taken it from the street.

so i came home, and wanted to read HP, but also wanted to work on the comp. I made myself some popcorn, and began to render stuff on bryce. this came up. I wanted to put a fountain instead of the girl, but I had lost it somehow.



this tool a long time to render as it was made in 4:3 ratio, with 1024 being on the 3 side. Don't remember the other dimension... read HP4 meanwhile, and made myself some popcorn. I put it on high flame for a few seconds in the end, and burnt the corns just abit around the edges, which makes it really good to eat. I think that is the taste of purecarbon... around two hours later, it was done, but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, so I fooled around a bit with photoshop.
I added a twirl, then faded it out, then watercolor, then faded that out too, then a lighting effect that I didn't render out. the twirl gave the most difference, as it a really cool thing to do, found that out by looking at the photoshop examples.
so this came out



which was much better. Then I went ahead and made the fountain, and tried to place it there, but one of the girls actually faced the fountain, damn. So I dug up an encyclopedia, thinking of photographingsome facde then rendering it in terrain editor, but I came across the temple of neptune in the architechture section. This is a picture from the web, the encyclopedia shows it in side view, so i couldn't guess how many pillers were up front.



and I rendered this, and put the fountain in the middle.


which came out well, until i saw the picture on the web and realised that the tree was way too huge. I looked at the pic and saw that the fountain was not there. so I removed it, and made the tree and the stones smaller... and rendered this...



Between rendering the bad version and th better version, I went to eden woods in a rick with a driver who didn't know the directions, and played badminton by giving a freind's cousin's pass. Played with a whole bunch of people I don't know, and got really tired. there were plans of going to kall, but it was dropped becauswe of my classes tommorrow. damn. A friend and i had pepsi, and then he gave me deception point, which i am reading right now. The pages on it went all soggy when i got it home and rested it against my belly. Through a banyanh - that's how much i was sweating. a friend e-mailed me and said dakshinayanam should be namde dick's digest also featuring blah blah... ah well.
He is the only guy who calls me dick. thank god the nickname didn't cathc one. Except yesterday night's deleted attempt, I haven't written the short story. not doing so today. Not downloading anything today either. Reading deception point and going to sleep. mom is calling me to eat now...
May go to play badminton tommorrow morning to eden woods.

No comments: