Saturday, May 14, 2005

The bone collector phase

then we caught a rick to gaondevi mandir. The rick left us at the gaon itself, and wouldn't take us all the way, I presume because he wouldn't get a fare back. He didn't put the meter, and I had to pay him the minimum fare. Then as we walked, bala noticed this really funny jeep that was not derilict, but was unkept and looked abandoned...



The funny part was this:



On reflection, it does not seem very funny now, but I guess things become funnier if you are with friend.

Saw gaondevi mandir in the distance, looked pretty good so I took a pic.



Actually I had to zoom in to get it, what i actually saw was



Notice the tank beside it. that is where we eventually ended up...

But first we headed over to the cattle graveyard, and I found a recent cremation site. Nothing left...



there were no bones. There were so many the last time I came around...

but we began to look harder, and began to find a few. Like this one, was the first.



Bala used this bone as a boomerand, and i have it on video. Might screencap it and blog it later...

Then we found this site which still had the bone-ash remaining, and there were traces of things like teeth, which from previous expirience here, I can tell, would have disintegrated on touch.



And our shadows came in it... cool eh?

that bozo didn't know to click. First he said my face wouldn't come, then I said ok, as long as the bones were clear...

And he took something in between. that dope.



I think they are the spinous processes of the vertebrae. Don't know for sure, but they cannot be anything else. They cannot be scapular spines, as they are massive in cattle.

Then my friend found a tooth and a fragment of some bone.



The cut in his hand is where he tried to break another "boomerang" bone that he found. Now that we looked for it, we found a lot of it. Actually he looked for it, i was looking around for taking a few picturesqe wallpaperable photos...
This is just a small bush



would have been cooler if a train would have been on the tracks in the background.

To be continued...
because
a) blogger closed down for maintanance
b) I closed the window by mistake, this is all I had saved in word

No comments: