Sunday, May 08, 2005

About today

Huge day today. Almost. got up early morning with the intention of swimming, but could not muster the energy to actually go do it. So my father went, while i stayed at home. then I backed up ALL the data I had.. almost, the southpark stuff and the offline web pages have not been burnt, because there were too many files for the poor burning software to process. Anyway, so after burning around ten cds, which i have to sit and catalogue some day, my father had come home, and we had to go get pots for the garden. We went to this small tiny but rerally cool shop near talao pali, where I should have taken my cam to photograph all the shelves. there were these really cool smiley balls that would make great gifts. And rows of bottles, mats, brushes, curtain rings... really cool shop.
Purchased the huge pots, and took them home on the motorbike somehow. Some guy we almost dashed shouted something liek "kaisa chala raha hai" from his dumb cycle. wanted to show him the finger, but couldn't manage it because of the pots. Didn't know, while going over speedbreakers, whether to hold onto the bike or the pots. I was reminded of this time long ago when i was bringing home the three telephone directories on the bike, and just as soon as we entered vasant vihar, all three slipped, and fell from the bike. this guy in a cycle helped get it all back on. I was hoping such a thing would not happen again.
And i also got the smiley. My mom ahs agreed to let me go buy the shop out of such balls. the guy there marketed them by saying that it builds up your strenght if ou press them.



After I came home I began to work on the matrix spoof, and it is finally finished. Made the 2 paisa films intro thing. Needed to find a 2 paisa coin for that, and I had only one, a charred one.



I was about to use this one itself, when my mother dug up three more specimens from an old coing purse made by my grandfather, which I have already blogged about.

there was this really old specimen, which had gone all black



and I finally decided to use this one. The thing is, at this point, my eye fell on a few interesting coins, and I photographed them all. If anyone needs the pictures of these coins, in really huge picture files in 1920 x 1080 HDTV 1080i format. That's like 550% of what is shown here. If you want em, send a mail to anorion@gmail.com

so this is the two paise coin



this is a really rare coin, that does not say 50 paise, but 1/2 rupee. That's so cool...



then there was this UNDATED coin of Indira Gandhi. Probably a commemorative coin, my mom says somewhere around 1985.


Her features strongly reminded me of Alaxander. Found a coin of his which looks like her.



the nose, the eyes. And Alaxander's hair was so girly. Oh yeah, he was gay. figures. Or maybe that was just style back then irrespective of sexual orientation. Or mebbe a status symbol. Or mebbe all the rich bastards were gay. Or maybe a combination of all of there. I donno.

So I finally made the 2 paise films thing...



added a black background to the photo of the coin, used powerpoint to make the words on the bottom, then added a twirl to the letters in photoshop, then faded it out, then added a lighting effect to the entire thing.

So the matrix soof was finished, after I added the end credits.



this shows bala laughing in an insane manner after having his shirt (not nipples) squeezed, sid's legs, and sridhar and me (fuck you if you notice the grammar) laughing after I remove the wig after he hits me. He did not really it me, it didn't hurt anyway, but my rubberband got him on a boil, which really hurt him. He however, shouted only after the camera stopped, and continued hitting me as if i hadn't done anything.
Finally I will forward this to friends. they have been asking for it for ages, and i couldn't send it to them because of the huge PC crash.
This took a lot of time, and I wen't to sleep at this point. got up, and am blogging now, after playing some RD word game for half an hour. Learnt the meaning of xenocurrency and Xanadu. ah well. when asked for the word for sun-worshuip, I said heliotheism, and it turned out to be helioaltry. damn.
anyway. will blog again toniht if something turns up. something got screwed uop in yahoo messenger. I donno. will have to re-install it, so cannot chat with friends, they are all probably studying for CET anyway. I wouldn't have borne the tension...
and my father wants to comp. I didn't get down to actually writing that short story. Might do it now. Or after my father is done with the comp. will read HP4 now...
the bookathon got soooooo screwed. good thing, I don't have to prove anything and i can read at my own pace. this is a really good excuse for failure. Oh yeah, I realised something yesterday, what to say if you get into a mess. "this is not an excuse, this is an explanation..."
cool eh? Personality developement class really helps. I came up with this on my own.

No comments: