Tuesday, May 17, 2005

abt ystrdy

Never had that one.
Yesterday morning, I got up early, went to Thane station with my mother, and got off at the place where you get the pass, but had to go to east because the room was full of people in queue. East also had a pretty long queue. donno why yesterday was such a popular day for getting your passes renewed. I caught a fast train... the 9:31 one and landed up in VT. Caught a bus, went to churchgate, waited patiently as it rounded the corner and followed oval maidan, so I got off at the next stop, walked back two blocks, went to KC, went to the officle, they directed me to the ground floor to buy the forms. The people in the ground floor did not have change for 500, so I went back up and asked the cashier, who also didn't have any. So I wondered around KC college hoping I wouldn't get lost, and got the cash from this petrol pump down the road, and then headed back up to KC college, paid the guy, got the forms, and walked my way towards Jai Hind College.
Had to ask a fwe people, including Aashray, who told me it was next to government law college, asked directions to that from a police officer, and reached government law college which was on a corner. Aashray had said the college was two buildings away from GLC. I didn't know whether to take a turn or walk straight ahead. I turned, on a whim, and kept walking. After around four buidlings, that were all aparpents, I went into one, where the watchman was playing with this half full waterbottle, by rolling it up and down the cement railings for the steps, stopped as I approached him, and pointed at the college. It was around eight buildings away from GLC. I ended up in Jai hind office, asking where it was, I heard "Baju mein desk hai" In the desk beside. I searched the cgroundfloor, ended up in the cafeteria, and canteen and many places but no desk. I contemplated calling a friend who used to go to Jai hind, and then did it too, but the call wouldn't connect for some reason. I thought my cell phone package had expired. I checked, and it was alright. I went back to the guy at the office, and asked him where it was. He said that it was on the NEXT BUILDING. Jai Hind college, I found out, were these two buildings joint back to back with a compund broken in between...
I went around twice THAT building, all the doors were locked, and the IT department's door was open, and the main door was open which was empty and intimidationg.
Finally I noticed a small sign on the IT door. It was a handwritten thing on paper. "BMS BMM entrance forms only after HSC results"
Damn.
Went back out, caught a cab after many people refused to take me to Xavier. Had to walk it up from the subway because of rotten directions from Aashray. I was in touch with him on the mobile. I went to Xavier, took the side entrance, and walked into this bunch of kids playing football on this huge ground. I signed the register, entered the office, and a lady there also told me the same thing that the BMM forms were available only after the HSC results.
Good for me.
I headed back outside, when I saw this board outside with the breakup for the entrance tests. HSC marks were only 10% of the tortal waitage. So why make us wait for it?
Mebbe for selection from round I to round II.
Anyway, so I wrote that down, and got a call from a friend who also was in VT, saying everyone was meeting up with Bandra. I knew right then that everyone, was a very twisted term. Never used rightly. I told OK, brought digital fortress and deception point for 140 bucks. Stole them more like. Caught a train to sion, called up a group of friends making their way over to VT, to get books, guitar strings, and because they had no other work. I asked them to wait at sion while I go back to the college and get the forms. I headed over to SIES, Aashray called saying he would be reaching Vt, we could meet up and do stuff. Friends were just leaving mulund at this point. Didn't know whom to hook up with after SIES. went to SIES, the office was crowded, so didn't get the forms, and they asked me to come later for Dakshinayanam. Sy and TY admissions were taking place, this complicated procedure...
Anyway, after that, I headed back to sion station, making calls everywhere. Lost a balance of almost a hundred and fifty bucks yesterday. Used the mobile bvery indiscrimately. Reached sion station, friends were at vikhroli, and Aashray was in a fast train past bhandup.
sat down in sion station reading digital fortress, when I saw Nikhil and Nimesh from my classes in a train. They said they would come back and get me, they were headed the other direction. I asked them where they had gone, and theys aid that they had gone to SIES, and wouldn't get the forms till just before HSC results. I told them OK< and was too dumbstruck with the prospect of contemplating plans with threee groups of friends at the same time, so I wanted to tell them to carry on. As the train drew out, they asked me to stay where I was and that they would head over.
I decided I would get into the train with Noel, yogita and Sid, and then I would got to Vt and then decide. I was reading, and they were sitting on this bench two benches away and we hadn't noticed each other. Damn. I headed over to them, we caught the next train, and I sat reading, Sid fell asleep... and the other two talked.
I was talking with Aashray in the fast train right then, and when we were in Chinchpokhli he was in sandhurst road, or the other way around. The point is we ended up in VT at the same time. I was walking out from platform 3 and he from platform 5. I introduced my two groups of friends, and we set out. We met again a few seconds later at the pepsi place. They headed out, and we too, used the subway. We were going to CGSI. That's some consumer place. We walked to aazad maidan to realise that we were walking behind my friends. We took a turn soonb, and it was this dinghy office. Aashray was doing some story on the shops charging a rupee surcharge.
Looked through files of consumer complaints, seems Raj travels has recieved a load of complaints. they had cross checked and verified everything. Good job... Apparently the action was taken by the weights and measurements department.
Listening to Jugni right now.
At around two, I headed back out, contemplated hooking up with friends in VT, at churchgate, but took a fast train to Dadar instead, and then bought a ticket after changing counters as usual, with totally misleading directions. Hey! i just found a cool way to handle frustration - turn it into humour. Like I was frustrated at the confusing directions for the tickets, and I thought I would write about it... cool eh? Anyway, after buying a ticket, I jsut missed a train with one of those new bogies, and caught the next one to Bandra. By this time, the everyone had dwindled to five people for many reasons.
I reached Bandra at around three, and Had food in McDonalds with a few friends who had managed to come (2) and then headed back home.
I was home at 05:05. I read digital fortress, watched tv and a bit of simpsons, headed over to Eden Woods to play badminton, was thwarted by karate kids and wierd badminton players. PLayed doubles eventually, one match and lsot,the other team laughing and my fucking partner not understanding the simple rules and doing all sorts of nonsense and asking me to shut up. She didn't switch sides while I ws sering and was calmly standing behind me.
SHIT.
This is one frustration I can't change into humour.
Not yet anyway.
I walked off, they all had to go to watch some stupid serial. I have to go all the way there for one hour that I don't enjoy anymore, and they have to go back to watch serials...
I came back home and wanted to blog, but the dumb virus wouldn't let me. I listened to music, and read digital fortress. Amazing book. I was right Every book of Dan Brown I read is turning out to be better than the previous one. It turned out to be different than what i thought it would be...
and it was all a hoax. The proposal was fucking amazing. couldn't blog all this yesterday, so ome details may be missing. will download webshots wallpapers now...

No comments: