Saturday, May 28, 2005

bit sad right now

but will cheer up. If I have a heart of wood, like I am normally made out to be, then I won't feel so much like shit right now. and it's getting a little hard to take it philosophically either.

First, I went swimming in the morning. I was all alone in the pool, and was back home around seven thirty. Then I went to sleep, got up, and headed over to Mulund aunty's house. Somewhere around this time friends had called up to tell me that they were all meeting up at tastings. I told them i couldn't go, and took two ricks, searched fora bit and ended up in mulund aunty's house...
One of the first things she did to me was abuse me. told me I would go to hell for not telling her about our change of address...
But later realised that she was actually a very nice and kind lady who had a boisterous way of talking. A person from mulund after all, but on your side. Pretty cool actually.
So we talked the afternoon out, spoke about everything from the sub-types of languages around India, and how words like "sala" and "chutiya" were slangs not derogative terms.
Felt really sleepy... throughout. Remembered this old man whose family once babysat me, and the old man had an oxygen cylinder and a tube stuck up his nose. Its an image i can never forget. HE was wearing this white dhoti and a white shirt, with a speckled eard and small, moist eyes. The cylinder was brownish black, and the thing in his nostrils was a double pronged plastic thing somewhat like the inverted tooth of a cow. The small ones in the front...
While in his house, I had boasted about knowing my mother's office number, andhad given any old number to be dialed. It was at this point that I found out that a phone number has only seven numbers.

All this happened before i joint school, so i am not supposed to remember all of this.

But I do. After talking for a bit, I got some vanilla and chocolate biscuits outside thane station, headed over to classes where he thougt us PI, and we played a bit of rapid fire, a very quick form of antakshari, but you catch any word and start off...

But only the girls played. the boys merely watched on and ate.

After that everyone got their certs, and I didn't, and the sir left, asking me to remain and exchange addresses and phone numbers. I didn't do that. Not with a single person. I just gave a last glance towards the class, and left, as the door closed automatically.
Damn.
That's why I'm feeling a little sad right now. Will probably never see them again. Will blog what little i remember of them even now.
There were the twins. Purva and something. something was shyer, the other was pretty much the opposite. They were one of the few cool people. then there was this girl who took the press conference. Spoke well... Jinal who became somewhat of a friend, but did not show up for half the classes. she wasa bit on the short side. Then there was rohan, an intelligent fellow, and spoke almost too perfectly, and gae all the right answers without knowing them beforehand. then there was pawan, the pani bhaiya, who went around distributing water on the previous eat while you learn session. Or was it the learn while you eat session? Anyway, he made ten out of nine matchsticks, and cracked a few backbencherish wise-ass comments. Only towards the end though, he was pretty quiet in the first few lecs. Then there was sanjeet, this massive guy who told us all about a ticketless travelling expirience. He was also in the Bmm class... but. Then there was Pearl, soft-spoken actually, and... donno. Ivy was short and dark... but pretty clever, but out "to jagadish sir thank you" or something similiar to that in quotes and changed the entire meaning. The meaning of her name was a topic in one of the lessons. Then there was pratik. Short thing guy, still in the tenth standard, and had really clever ideas. that's it I think. I can remember no one else, except this girl who smiled a lot, another one who advised all of us to buy mehndi only from a gujrati shop... and that's about it yeah.
damn.
I'm feeling really down now that I've actually blogged it.
Fuck.

After I left this crowd behind, without even a second glance, I confronted the sir and asked him for my cert. Turns out that my name was there by mistake, and he let me attend the lecs, but refused to take the money for the course, or give me a cert. The upshot of all this is that i get ot go next year when this happens again. Pretty cool eh?
When i signed up for BMM, if i joined at that time, I would get PD free. But this scheme was only for Hotel Management, and my name wriggled in somehow, that's why they called me when i missed the first lec.
To think I almost did not go.

No comments: