Wednesday, June 01, 2005

first rains

the monsoons are around the corner. that means nuts to me - except results. Probably the single most dreaded word in a student's life. Went swimming in the morning, got up only because there was a huge power cut and I really felt like I could chill...
people were playing badminton, and there were many there today.
Backstroked a bit, learnt how to stay afloat even on your stomach, and basically have to learn a few strokes before I learn swimming.
came home and began to read five point someone. Really cool book, and the longest day of my life chapters (all seven of them) are hilarious. the fact that there are seven of them are hilarious, I've gotten through only three... which are not exactly hilarious, but actually a bit frustrating. The book is great though.
My mom kept interrupting me while I was reading, and I kept on reading, like the weight for the cooker, tsome wierd red-tailed bird, and stuff like that.
then she told me it was raining.
Two seconds later I was photographing thefirst drizzle of this year...



which does not exactly give you the idea, but the splattering of raindrops on the wet mud in my balcony does...



i always wanted to take the pic of aclump of mangoes on that mango tree... but never came around to actually do it.

But I took the last remaining mango



i still have a few mangoes in my home... so can enjoy it while it lasts, and then, wait for another journey around the sun.

No comments: