Friday, June 17, 2005

a pretty long day

Part I - too tired to do anything phase
The electricity had gone the previous night, the mosquito repellant had burnt out, and it didn't rain. I dont know how I slept, or even where I slept. When I got up, I even wondered IF I slept. Got up feeling really tired, but my mother asked me to go withdraw cash to pay the fees. I didn't want to go and stay put at my home. My mother said that she would go and draw the cash, but my name was already on the cheque. So I had to go. I went to the bank, got the token number 9 and waited. And waited. Apparently something was wrong with the mechanism to change the token number on display. He just knowcked his pen on the desk to signify that he was ready to pay the cash. So this guy with a token number 10 went up and got his cash. The cashier used this big black counting machine to count. That was the first time I saw a counting machine in action. Counts pretty fast. I took my cash in denominations of 500, and caught a rick back home, picked up my mother, and headed over to the station.

Part II - Those fucking cuntlicking bastards phase
Went to SIES, climbed all the way to the fourth floor, found the BMM desk and spoke to that asshole sitting there, who smiled calmly and said that i had to go to NErul to pay the fees. I pointed it out to him that no such thing was written on the notice board. He said that he was saying it then. If I had a gun, that asshole would be dead.
I was so damn angry that I walked out after saying something really rude that I don't remember. The plans were: since I was too tired to go all the way to Nerul, my father would pay the fees the next day; ie tommorrow, and I would head over to British Council Library and then to KC and Jai Hind to check out the lists.
But my father forbade me from carrying all the cash to VT, and asked me to leave it with my mother at ghatkoper. I was unqilling to go, but had to in the end. I ended up at Ghatkoper, when I found out that my mother had called up SIES Nerul, and had found out that the admissions were open until one. So we were supposed to get back to Kurla, and head over to Nerul. So we went back to Kurla, caught a train to Nerul, half an excruciating hour later, I was in Nerul. the stations along harbour line are pretty cool actually. Probably because they are newer. The Nerul one was inaugurated in 93.
We caught a rick to SIES, the driver usually drove a car so he didn't know where to go, but he somehow managed to take us right in front of the insti anyway.

Part III - the admission phase
I got a coupon from the people sitting on the ground floor. Left my mother on a chair, headed to room number fourteen on the second floor, and sat and filled a form I had purchased for a hundred fucking bucks. So thats a total of seven hundred bucks on one form...
Filled up the form, and the staff were hogging on limca and samosa. they asked me to sit for five minutes, which was a very reasonable thing to do, considering the fact that I didn't need to see them eat.
Eventually they called me back, and I submitted my form . They nakhrad a bit on the fact that I had not submitted my minority cert, but they pulled me through anyway. After that i had to go to room number six and wait.
And wait.
And wait.
and I still don't know for what purpose. Eventually Iw as called to the office, where I told them that my original marksheets would have to be returned according to the notice board. they overuled everything I had to say and said that they would give back the marksheets on the same day that I applied for a recall, and sent me on my way. I asked them for a recallation form, and they blatantly lied that I needn't come.
dumb ass fucking cunt licking bastards. Don't want to get into this management no matter what.
and I am a student there right now. technically.

Phase IV - the travel back phase
Got a ticket from NErul station to VT. My mother purchased one for Kurla. what surprised me was the cost - A difference of two bucks. cool eh? anyway, got into the train, and this guy and his girl were talking about gaming. CS gaming .She was getting impressed by loads of crappy info. I got down at Mankhurd because I couldn't stand any more. Purchased a first class ticket to Kurla, and caught the next train. Sat comfortable by putting my feet on the seat opposite. Still hadn't had any food, so filled myself up with some coke. ended up in Kurla, crossed the tracks, got into the appropriate platform, and sat in a first class compartment heading to CST.

Phase V - The I want to buy everything here phase
Saw the world's shortest woman AGAIN, begs outside CST. Caught the 138 and headed over to the library. Finally. Got in, and found two really cool books. One about how genes control our attitudes and behavior, and one that claimed the exact opposite. But I was reading "sex tommorrow" or something like that. It had all this in depth discussion, part short - story, part scientific, about how sex will be in the future. Pretty predictable, but also pretty good. The discussion for alternate methods of reproduction, AND how such practices actually enhance human dignity is pretty cool.
There wasalso this sale of withdrawn books, and I wanted to buy
1) the atlas of water
2) the encyclopedia of glass
3) jewellary through the ages
4) the encyclopedia of ignorance
Didn't buy any of these, and go "from physics to metaphysics" instead. Damn. Then took the two books about genetics and found out that my registration had expired. damn. Met this guy from college who was also a member. Lost him somewher... Came out, and went to eat at the usual place - vasant sagar. Had two and a half dahi idlis, and then walked over to KC.

Phase VI - the long wait for the KC forms.
Headed over to KC college, and found nothing there. vyr nwr neusykl. agw ua arukk xyrw! There was still an hour to go, so I waited. Found this guy. vineet. Talked to him about stuff and stuff and we waited out an hour or so. Finally we stood up, and got impatient, and talked a bit more. the list still did not come out. After waiting a bit more, we headed over to Jai Hind to see if they were disciplined. Nyah, no luck, so I headed back to KC, and left him there, for him to see the list. we would keep in touch through the phone and find out. I went to KC, shoved my way through everyone, and I was there. Number 180, Aditya Madanapalli Jayaram. Someone called Ahmed Mohammed something was also there and I mistook him for me. also there was this guy named goodluck. His name was actually goodluck. So I was pretty happy, and I headed back to Jai Hind. And waited. and waited.

Phase VII - The really really long wait for the Jai Hind forms
part I - the "it'll come out at six thirty phase"
so I head over to Jai Hind, via the subway which I have used only once before - the same day the previous time. and I find friends there. Nikhil, Vineet and a few other Karnavat friends. Nikhil phoned a pune he knew and found out that the lists were coming out at six thirty. So we decided to wait. I purchased coke for Vineet. Nikhil got mirinda or something. the dumb guy at the canteen swore a lot and tried to confuse me. sick bastard. There were flurries of movement in the cabin but no one came out and gave the list. Damn. And we waited.
Then Vineet floated an idea - marine drive was less than a stone's throw away.

Phase VII - The really really long wait for the Jai Hind forms
part II - the marined drive phase
So we were soon sitting over the crowded place, over the mostly wet tetrapods full of old flowers and other shit I couldn't make out. was probably actually shit. The sun was really low on the horizon and was appearing huge. Nikhil's explanation for this phenomenon is that we get to see more of it.I think there is something else. More atmoshpere acts as a lense or something. Vaguely remember hearing something like that somewhere. So the yellow sun was slowly setting behind the mumbai skyline, and I was breathing the salty air of the Arabian sea, and it was all poetic and stuff. The waves came on like hell, we were splashed a few times, but we didn't really get wet. The sun almost set behind a building, creating a particularlrly poetic scene, and we headed back to the college. someone had given nikhil a missed call. the results were out. finally.

Phase VII - The really really long wait for the Jai Hind forms
Part III - So you thought it ended there?
So this guy comes out. Babbles some instructions. He was already speaking when i got there. Thirty two students will be listed. These are sindhis. From the minority. the merit categ will come out soon after. He actually went on to read the thirty something names - and then gave instructions for the PI. It would be stretched over three days and stuff like that which I hardly listened to. then he dropped a bombsheel.
The results for the open merit would be announced after an hour.
There was a resounding "oh fuck" from the crowd. Those who had enough sense in them went home at this point. The guy said that we could look at the lists the next day too. Yeah right...

Phase VII - The really really long wait for the Jai Hind forms
Part IV - playing with the mobile stage
nothing better to do, no point going back to marine drive. So we sat and waited and played around with Nikhil's bluetooth enable ngage. there was some guy named the axe man, and someone called fuck off, and another guy called johannon. No one connected though. Instead we heard kajra re on his mp3 player. I sat and waited. next to this grabage can. And waited. and waited. And waited.

Phase VII - The really really long wait for the Jai Hind forms
part V - screw it - I am going home
at this point, I said i would stay. Everyone else left. Giving me their numbers and contacts so that I could check out the list for them. It was around eight fifteen at this point of time. They left. I waited. And waited.

Phase VII - The really really long wait for the Jai Hind forms
Part VI - Damn. I didn't get in.
He read out the list. 80 something people. I aint there. Damn. none of my friends were either...

Part VIII - I come home phase
caught a train home. Nothing much to report there. Wasn't too dissappointed. As i walked out of college, someone else got into the cab i had hailed. Or I tried to get into the cab she had hailed. Got into a bus, made it to station, then headed home by the 9:12 Badlapur fast. Or should i say pseudo fast because it stopped at vikhroli and bhandup too. They probably scrapped the 9:05 superfast as said in the timetable. Damn. Took a shared rick home from Thane station. I wanted him to stop at gandhinagar, but never made him do it. "take the wrong decisions and watch life slipping through your fingers"
Came home. Am blogging now.

WILL BLOODY SWIM FO SHO TOMMORROW.

Plans for tommorrow
1) Swim fo sho
2) BC renewal fo sho
3) Confirm Jai Hind fo sho
4) Badminton fo sho
5) Stop using 'fo sho' fo sho
6) blog fo sho

This blog took around fifty mins to type. Its 12:36 AM now.

No comments: