Wednesday, June 01, 2005

a perfect ten

JAM came out today. None of my articles were there, but I had been expecting that… because the last time I gave in an article it came nearly six months later.
So finished swimming, and then finished reading five point something, I think this is the only picture of it on the net, because a google didn’t show me anything.



Mebbe wikipedia has it. The appointment of the new pope, and who it actually turned out to be came out on wikipedia before it did on google. And the pic I took of the pope was the exact one that eventually showed up on wikipedia. Only, it was a clearer version.
I went from somewhere to somewhere else. I finished reading the book, went to sleep, and slept till almost twelve thirty. Got up, ate my food, got ready and headed over to college. The original plan was that Sridhar would meet me there after his AIIMS. He didn’t show up, and he wasn’t lifting his cell…
I made my own way there, and to my surprise four girls from Karnavat classes were there. Another one had just left. So the good thing is that I’ll have familiar company for GD. Yess… so I waited in line, chatting with them about all the places I had taken the forms from (KC and SIES only) and all the places I wanted to take the forms from (Xaviers, Jai Hind, and maybe Somaiya). And one by one everyone went up to the counter, paid half a grand and walked out. I was the last in our loose group. Then as Sridhar stayed as inaccessible as ever, I returned home.

Just outside thane station, there was an elephant. I went up to the fellow, and purchased two strands of elephant hair from him. He plucked it out of his head or her head, I can’t exactly tell with elephants, as that portion is too baggy to make out, and paid him fifty bucks for it.
And I was supposed to get the tail hair…
Then I headed home, and am unsure what I did. Watched a little tv I guess, and tried to make Natalie Portman black and white in a lux commercial. First, my approach was to export it in filmstrip from premier and somehow make the selected portion black and white. But dumb photoshop made everything b&w despite my selection.
Thank God I was testing, and hadn’t laboriously selected everything.
My next approach was to export two filmstrips from premier, one a colour version, and another a black and white version. Then paste them one on top of another, and cut out the unnecessary parts. Later, it struck me to use the history brush.
It was going pretty well, I selectively colored around twenty frames and then gave up as it became too damn boring.
And also difficult, as Portman’s hair was flying all over the place, and hair is very difficult to selectively colour…

Then I began to blog.

No comments: