Sunday, June 26, 2005

stuff



Wierd blogger thing has got a complicated way of adding your photos directly into the blog now. Which is a good thing, because I will not have to go to adobe photoshop, c\modify the image for net suitability, then head over to geocities and upload the images, THEN paste the HTML coding into blogger.

But now an Id I made exclusively for this purpose is going to get wasted. And how many photos can blogspot handle anyway? bound to go down sooner or later. can't believe the CIA is actually funding keyhole.

Anyway, getting nice letters from creativegarh, and I think I might start writing a few stuff myself. I need to know a good t-shirt printing thing around Mumbai. there are a lot of custom tees I require right now.

The photo shows a fallen part of our bulding's compund. The dumb rains probably made the wet mud too heavy to handle. I remember the game in christian charity fairs where you have to hold up a wet brick for a minute with two fingers. When I tried this out, the brick fell in the bucket with such a force that the water splashed all around and the stall owner scolded me.

Damn I am getting nostalgic, a really nice christian couple had taken some of us building kdis to the fair, and we had a good time. I shot baloons with this gun, and I was one of the few who actually managed to shoot the baloons in two out of the three tries, and not to boast too much or anythin, but that was my first time. then there was this bucket with a bangle kept in the middle of it, and the bucket was filled with water. The aim was to drop a coin into the ring. The trick was to slide the coin in sideways.
Then there was the great fare of VVHS, where I sat in a stall and got a certificate for it (though a half-friend Karan Nandawani sat there for sixteen bloody hours and also got a cert). My game was blowing a pencil into a bottle, which is a pretty tough thing to do, the scientific reason for this being that you blow air into the botle at the same time, and the pressure generated actually pushes the pencil out. everyone were preplexed as to why blowing the pencil in would actually make it come out, but we didn't bother to explain this to them mostly because we didn't know.
the stall close to me was getting this loop of wire across a whole load of loops of wires and making sure that the lightbuld lit only thrice when the circuit was compeleted. Basically you had to get the loop through without touching the sides of the wire. the clever strategy I evolved was to keep the wire touched always, which makes sure that the lightbulb comes on only once.
I never tried this out, I donno why.
I also remeber the stall with the "fishing" some water, some plastic fish with rings, and a long fishing rod. I was pretty good, won once, and the prevented me from trying again for some wierd reason. Dumb fools. The gift for winning a lot were a few shampoo bottles and stuff. I remember the gulab jamuns which were too sweet, the fashion show which people were saying were indecent, and the fancy dress show where I was the tinder box soldier or some shit like that.
the other fair I remember was at Shopping centre, where I was spoiling the gambling games by not betting the fifty bucks, but tlling people the correct tin under which the biscuit was hidden. Dumb as he was, he was not conning, but the biscuit really was under a tin.
Idiot.
They also showed titanic at that fair, and we sat and watched on the stone margin. the problem was that he fast forwarded the stuff on the comp. But I caught a hint of the director drawing her...
Anyway, goin to totally another area which really lacks a point, after coming back from taking th epic of the allen wall, I just took a pic of this fire hyrant pipe.
Look at all the spiderwebs that the teensy spiders have spun.

So didn't go to yeoor today. tried building card castles, but dtopped being determined to rebuild one every time they came crashing down.

Things I have learns while trying to build card castle

1) Getting a camera will make everything collapse

2) Stay away from the wind, close all windows and doors, and pray that there are no minor tremors that only the cards feel

3) Don't breathe

4) Build castles with only used cards, the new cards are too smooth

5) Build in a |\|\|\ instead of the traditional /\/\/\/\ manner

6) Straight cards hold up better than slightly bent cards.

7) Don't bend the cards, because after everything crashes down, placing the bent cards betwen two propped up cards will make the structure unstable

8) switch sides while building each layer

9) give room for the cards to slide sideways

10) Brace everything with something

getting a tiny card hutment is in itself a great achievement. Listened to music, then went to sleep. got up and played one game of badminton, and one game of tt, and made plans to go to yeoor tommorrow. Aashray and Ashwin are mostly coming, so am trekking tommorrow...

won't take the cam. Last time that happened, the camera almost died, then resurrected on its own accord.

No comments: